No audio from wave files

Brian Sheen

I've been trying to open some older projects(some created with X3, some with platinum) and I'm getting this pop sound at the end of it loading.  I believe the pop is an indicator, not the problem.  The issue is the audio tracks can not be heard.  The meters show activity, but sound.  All midi tracks work properly.

I can go into the project folder and play the wav files in Media Player.  I've tried to copy the files into the project, but still no sound.

Ok. So I just routed the output to of one of the audio tracks to the master bus instead of the "Clean Guitar" buss and the audio can be heard.

All of the Pro Channel Global On/Off button are in the "ON" position for every track and every buss.  However if I route the track to the buss it was originally going to and turn the global button to off, the audio returns.  When its on there is no sound.

I'm not sure where this leads me, but I deleted several of the busses, including the master buss. I inserted some new busses including a new master buss and now when clicking on anything all I hear is a pop sound. From the transport to the mixer, it doesn't matter.  Theres alot I don't understand what is going on, but this is not the only project its happening on.  Other "older" pre platinum projects its occuring as well.