Step Sequencer and Recorder MIDI input

psienide

I'm having a little trouble with these features and I've finally kind of wrapped my head around it.
In short, i'd like to request a feature in the step-seq and record modules where you can select the midi channel it listens on.

Currently, both modules appear to listen to all devices omni. I know this because regardless of which device I enter a note from or which channel, it'll be recorded.

This causes an issue for me because i have 6 different midi instruments and various merging and routing configured. The end result is steps that I enter are being echoed elsewhere in the midi chain, and this causes the modules to either not record the steps at all, or record them erroneously and inconsistently. I know the midi data is getting to the modules, because they will proceed to the next step when i press a key, but often will fail in recording the data.

I think a simple channel routing option for the modules would suffice to fix the problem for me.
If i remove or mute all other midi devices than my master controller, the modules work fine, but this is not a tenable solution going forward and just leads to me wasting precious time on twiddling settings rather than creating music.

Thanks!

Edited by psienide
add tags