Cakewalk running very slowly on Windows via Bootcamp

Good morning,

I've used Cakewalk on a Windows machine for the last few years and recently moved to a MacBook Pro. In order to keep using Cakewalk, I have been booting up Windows via Bootcamp, but I find that the performance is very suboptimal compared to my old PC despite superior specs on the MacBook Pro. Some examples of this are very obvious lag, random chops during playback, etc.  Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks in advance! 

I have run Sonar and now CbB on Win7/Bootcamp and then Win10 natively in my 2010 Mac Pro for many years without problems. There are lots of possibilities of what could be the root cause of your symptoms.

Start with the basics;  

• Let us know what MacBook model year and configuration [RAM/SSD-space/USB interface and any converters] you're running
  • Document which release/maintenance level of Win10 you're running
  • Run LatencyMon to establish its real-time friendly profile
  • See if there's a way to manage SpeedStep CPU clock changes (always a source of pain)
  • See if the behavior is different with the native audio function 

As you do that, the community here will chime in to help you navigate into calmer waters.  There are plenty of insightful people here, so you came to the right place.

I'm running a Mac Pro 5,1 with win8.1 for near 5 years and an older Mac Pro before that. All under Bootcamp. No problems.

I've seen such trouble before. I don't know if this relates to the reason, but when I saw it, it was a machine using a bootcamp partition on the same drive.

Maybe add an eSATA drive for this?