XLN Summer Sale

cclarry

22 hours ago, Fleer said:

There are better Rhodes out there, for sure. At low sale pricing, check out the AIR Velvet, the AAS Lizard (now at 50% off) and even the Waves one. If you’ve got Pianoteq, do add their Electric Pianos. There’s even a CP-80 in their free KIViR collection. 

+1 on Pianoteq's electric pianos. They're damn good.

• Like 1

I like XLN stuff but my last recollection with them is that they only do the stub installer type install on to your DAW. So you have to put an installer on your DAW and then install direct from the internet directly to your DAW. Not possible for me with my poor internet and too expensive. I like to get the full program installed to my laptop at a place of good internet and then transfer it in whole to my DAW when I get home. I think this is still the case.

Anyone know if they are working on new kits. I grabbed the last few and they were going in a great direction. I love XLN and use addictive drums on everything and am craving a new kit.  I have some older ones I guess I shouldnt be asking to I have them all lol Id still love to know though :)

2 minutes ago, Morris Band said:

Anyone know if they are working on new kits.

Honestly, I'd be really surprised. I use AD2 still and like it, but I've considered it abandon-ware for a couple years. I don't think they've added a single kitpiece the entire time it's been out.

• Like 1

What kind of adpak you guys would like to see next that is not yet covered by AD2? I would say that their approach is to make something once it makes really sense and not doing anything just for keeping the momentum. Maybe that's why we see some new adpaks less often but with higher quality i.e. special drum kit elements, well regarded drums room etc. It takes time to invent a great idea and execute it.

Edited by chris.r

I'm actually okay with the drum kits.  I have a number of them.  They do add new ones on occasion.  I would like more midi packs and maybe more ethnic extras.  

I actually have SD3 and EZDrummer 2 and end up using AD2 more often.  I do have more of their kits though. 

• Great Idea 1

I use AD2 and have quite a few of their kits. But I by no means have all of their kits. 

They have 21 complete kits!! I have five of them. That's more than enough for me. All are excellent.

They have 32 midi packs! I have eight of those. 

They have 14 kit pieces. This is where I think they dropped the ball. This could have been something of a money stream for them. Spend about three-six months recording different kit pieces and release them over time. This also could have really set them apart from EZD2. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Grem said:

They have 14 kit pieces. This is where I think they dropped the ball. This could have been something of a money stream for them. Spend about three-six months recording different kit pieces and release them over time. This also could have really set them apart from EZD2. 

Also they could let us buy any drum piece from any adpak and mix&match, to make us have more fun.

• Like 2