APD Offer: 83% Off Largo by Waldorf

Audio Plugin Deals

Introducing Largo from Waldorf, a feature packed synth full of character for only $29.99 (normally $174)!

This soft synth is Waldorf’s response to constant requests for a full blown Walford Synthesizer in a software plugin package, and it delivers. 

Featuring three ultra phat oscillators, two of which feature a sub oscillator for huge, deep bass, Largo offers analog wave forms (saw, sine, triangle, pulse) as well as a selection of wave forms from the PPG and Waldorf Wave synthesizers for more versatility. Waldorf takes great pride in offering you the absolute best filters in the world, and you’ll be able to hear the difference whether it’s a low pass, high bass, notch, or comb, they spared no expense when crafting this software synth. Adding some drive to the sounds gives you rich harmonics and graininess that are perfect for both modern and classic music, from EDM to cinematic and beyond.

Everything in this synth is laid out for easy access, from the LFOs to the Mod Matrix, to the built in effects such as delay, chorus, flanger, phaser, and reverb. Starting with the presets is a good way to learn how the synth works, then add some drive, or run your sound through the arpeggiator to get sequences and arps and make it your own. If you need a synth, don’t miss this one!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-2/

Deal ends on July 5th, 2020

KEY FEATURES

• Powerful File Browser
  • Program Manager for easy reorganization of bank content.
  • up to 256 voices per instance (depending on available CPU power)
  • up to 4 layers per sound
  • 4 stereo outputs (alternatively 1 stereo sum)
  • host automation of almost all parameters
  • MIDI Controller automation of the most important parameters

I went ahead and got it.  Also received the personal $5 coupon.  Although I initially assumed from Waldorf (not sure why) but it was from APD so eventually found it.  I like that it’s NKS ready and has been updated a few times since released with some semi recent GUI updates.  At full price might be a stretch but at $24, it’s a great deal. Still sounds great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We keep downloading same files to see if there is an update..I’m in 30 downloads and same version, will report back when I get to 40.  It’s like my socks.  I knew I had a new pair somewhere in there.

Edited by kevin H
  • Haha 1

I will say this: it’s an exemplary wave table synth and it does what Blofeld does, more or less, which is why I don’t go after digital hardware anymore. I mean, you can get the same thing in software (plus a controller if you’re so inclined). 
Case in point: the Blofeld hardware module is $500. You can get Largo for one twentieth of that princely sum.

12 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I will say this: it’s an exemplary wave table synth and it does what Blofeld does, more or less, which is why I don’t go after digital hardware anymore. I mean, you can get the same thing in software (plus a controller if you’re so inclined). 
Case in point: the Blofeld hardware module is $500. You can get Largo for one twentieth of that princely sum.

I hear that. I see these synths (both keyboard and desktop versions) being demoed at NAMM, or on Sonicstate, and I'm like "great: make a VST version of same for <$100 or so and get back to me".  Most recently the KORG Wavestate. (I have the old Wavestation vst, but the new synth seems much better... which could be just an example of "gives good demo".)

Not a keyboard player; no desire to own any hardware. I'm one of those do-it-all-in-the-box guys.

Edited by John Bradley
  • Like 1

Hmmm....

Downloaded the demo of Largo, and while I was there grabbed the demos of PPG3 and Nave.

Not impressed. I suppose they all sounded nice enough, but the UI! The preset browser defied my attempts to change presets. A single click does nothing, and a double-click lets you rename the preset. Very old-school with banks and whatnot. (I'm coming from the perspective of somone used to Arturia's excellent preset browsers, where all patches are in a single giant list, and you can search, filter by categories, easily move up/down through the search results, etc. It's all very civilized.)

And the chrome look: needlessly fancy and hard to read. Compare to the plain, but eminently usable UI of the Valhalla plugins.

The PPG3 demo was even less intuitive. And Nave was just ugly.

Oh, and none of the demos created entries in the Settings | Apps list, and only one of them left a "uninstall" shortcut in the start menu, so cleaning up the mess was slightly irritating.

Wouldn't buy any of the 3 at $25, let alone their crazy-high 'normal' prices. 

Again, maybe they can make some great sounds, and maybe with some reading one can figure out how to use them. But the first impression was godawful.

Sounds pretty much the same as Blofeld, John. Gotta love wavetables ;)

More importantly, it’s much easier to work with than the hardware version. But I agree on the GUI. Great to know it’s NKS compatible. 

19 hours ago, kevin H said:

I went ahead and got it.  Also received the personal $5 coupon.  Although I initially assumed from Waldorf (not sure why) but it was from APD so eventually found it.  I like that it’s NKS ready and has been updated a few times since released with some semi recent GUI updates.  At full price might be a stretch but at $24, it’s a great deal. Still sounds great.

picked it up. instant buy at this price. i agree about the GUI. it would be good if Waldorf offered a different skin option. but whatever. its a very high end vst synth. sounds like nothing else i have in my collection.

• Like 1

I'm playing with the demo and I like it. Also not sure about the interface, but it sounds great.

Was the $5 personal coupon linked to something specific (purchase, survey, etc) ? I can't find it through my APD emails.