Fold the tabs with double click?

mats

Hi, i've noticed that when you open a tab in cakewalk (console, piano roll, etc) it goes full screen but when i doble click it the tab doesn't fold completely, it just goes like to the middle of the screen, if i want to get that out of the screen i need to go to the double arrow in the right corner of the screen wich for me is annoying, there's some way to fold the tabs completely with one click or two clicks??

Edited by mats

i'm using alt + numbers to open and alt + 1 to close the tabs now and every time i close one and reopen it ALWAYS DOESN'T OPEN IN FULLSCREEN, WHY THIS CAN BE SO ANNOYING FOR SOMETHING SO SIMPLE!

19 minutes ago, scook said:

Two useful shortcuts for views in the Multidock are

• Expand/collapse MultiDock  D
  • Maximize/restore MultiDock  SHIFT+D

from http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=KeyboardShortcuts.html#1306347

but no matter if i expand it with shift + d, when i close the view and reopen it again or pick another track i see the half of the window again...

Instead of closing the view just collapse it or leave all multidock views maximized and use Alt+1 to retrieve the Track view and click on the mutlidock tabs to see different maximized views. Views that work on specific tracks have a method to select tracks in the view.

13 minutes ago, scook said:

Instead of closing the view just collapse it or leave all multidock views maximized and use Alt+1 to retrieve the Track view and click on the mutlidock tabs to see different maximized views. Views that work on specific tracks have a method to select tracks in the view.

Being in the subject... I can use D to close and open the already maximized multidock while working on a session but when I close project and later reopen it, the multidock opens halfway through again. I tried to save the maximized state in the template but it didn't work. Is there a way to make it keep being maximized on re-open after closing project?

50 minutes ago, scook said:

with ''closing'' i tried to say that i was already using the alt+1 for going to the track view but it changes nothing, the other views keeps showing in half screen

23 minutes ago, scook said:

Look at screensets and workspaces.

Screensets are stored in the project folder.

Workspaces are global.

Both may be used to keep screen layouts including maximized views across sessions.

the workspaces doesn't have hotkeys wich is impractical also, i want to be able to open a midi file and open the views to see notes, piano roll etc im the track i want, so far i can't do it properly with hotkeys nor workspaces or screensets

Sorry; my post was about using close then Alt+ [number] and getting full screen panes; not about "folds"; ergo non-responsive to the double-clicking and folds issue.

Edited by User 905133
post was about using close then Alt+ [number] and getting full screen panes; not about "folds"

1 hour ago, scook said:

Look at screensets and workspaces.

Screensets are stored in the project folder.

Workspaces are global.

Both may be used to keep screen layouts including maximized views across sessions.

as much as I hate having to step into screensets and workspaces area, your answer suggests it's the only way forward from where I am

One more question, I was wondering how people that use hardware controller like Behringer Xtouch or Qcon Icon for example, open the console view when pressing any "console" button on the hardware. Does it open in Cakewalk half way and then you have to double click with the mouse to maximize it, or press Shift+D? Do they have option to open it full view by single button press?

Or screensets/workspaces the only way?

11 minutes ago, chris.r said:

as much as I hate having to step into screensets and workspaces area, your answer suggests it's the only way forward from where I am

No, geometry is also preserved if the multidock or view is floated.

Screensets may be imported from another project or instead of using a project template always start projects from an empty project with the screensets already setup.

58 minutes ago, scook said:
1 hour ago, chris.r said:

your answer suggests it's the only way forward from where I am

No, geometry is also preserved if the multidock or view is floated

lol, Steve, that was a metaphor, like "finally I understand now that if I want to open console in it's full glory then I need to touch those 'pesky' screensets at last"

and yet, your answer, as per ususal, was so competent, that you also answered to problems I didn't even encounter yet in my life... but I potentially might in some future

Edited by chris.r

19 hours ago, scook said:

Here is a quick video opening the PRV, SHIFT+D to maximize the view, selecting the Track View again then clicking the PRV tab in the multidock to restore the maximized PRV.

giPdtMk.gif

but that works only for going back to the same view of the same track

still doesn't work if i want to change the track and go to the maximized view in one step

here i did alt+6 to open staff view, alt+d to maximize, alt+1 to go back to track, change the track, alt+6 to the staff view and AGAIN doesn't open maximized

Edited by mats

6 minutes ago, mats said:

still doesn't work if i want to change the track and go to the maximized view in one step

As I mentioned above all the views that work with multiple tracks have a track selection method in the view.

Instead of changing the track and going to the maximized view, go to the maximized view and select the track.

19 hours ago, scook said:

instead of using a project template always start projects from an empty project with the screensets already setup

Sorry didn't get that, what do you mean "screensets already setup", how to set up screensets for an empty project? I thought it's the same as setting them up for a project template. I may be confusing some basics and I'm trying to break this subject down before stepping into it to avoid any future problems with screensets and workspaces for example when updating Cakewalk to a new version.

Just tried to save a template with console view first maximized with Shift+D and then pulled back down with D. Works only until I close the project. On reopen the template (or project), hitting D opens console view half way again. So here we are.

Additionally, when I saved the template with console view opened and maximized, on reopening it does open with console view maximized indeed but the Alt+1 shortcut doesn't work at all.

Anyway, what I'm, and I believe Mats is too, trying to achieve is to have a single shortcut to open the console view AND already maximized, from the track view after opening or creating a new project.

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Just tried to save a template with console view first maximized with Shift+D and then pulled back down with D. Works only until I close the project. On reopen the template (or project), hitting D opens console view half way again. So here we are.

Additionally, when I saved the template with console view opened and maximized, on reopening it does open with console view maximized indeed but the Alt+1 shortcut doesn't work at all.

Anyway, what I'm, and I believe Mats is too, trying to achieve is to have a single shortcut to open the console view AND already maximized, from the track view after opening or creating a new project.

i think we must live with that

but maybe can be fixed for future updates, and being able to link workspaces to hotkeys will be good also

and the ability to automating bypass in plugins that doesn't have a button for that