Confused about the Synth Rack and proper synth management

Dave G

The only way I know to bring up this remote-window for a plug-in, is quite a procedure 😰
You have to open an envelope, search for the plug-in, then choose a parameter, then right-click into the FX-area --> and there you are!

In ATC there is no way to choose neither a specific MIDI channel nor the possibility to use more than one device.  Correct me if I'm wrong....

Edited by Astra-Ios

On 6/25/2020 at 6:25 PM, razor7music said:

This is not my experience. I noticed that synths or AD Drums 2 specifically, were loading when my project loaded even after I deleted the only instrument and midi tracks associated with it.

When I went into synth rack, there it was.

It might be a different setting, but I'm certain of this behavior.

Would like to hear from someone else if they have this same behavior.

Weird... can you isolate this behavior to one or more specific synths?

Do any of your synths ever get deleted automatically when you delete all associated tracks?

9 hours ago, GreenLight said:

Weird... can you isolate this behavior to one or more specific synths?

Do any of your synths ever get deleted automatically when you delete all associated tracks?

I'll do a test and post back. I always thought it was by design, but with so many questions, I need to check my math.

-EDIT-

Well, I stand corrected. Deleting the instrument and MIDI tracks will delete the synth and drum sampler from the Synth Rack. 

I've been having a lot of issues since my W10 upgrade, so I'm hardly the baseline to compare to. Although, this might be the one thing that W10 did make better/fix with CbB. I have been deleting the synths from the synth rack since the OS upgrade, so it's possible that I had the anomaly with W7. I'll never know, and I'm glad it's working as designed now.

Edited by razor7music
  • Like 1

On 6/29/2020 at 10:33 PM, razor7music said:

Well, I stand corrected. Deleting the instrument and MIDI tracks will delete the synth and drum sampler from the Synth Rack. 

I've been having a lot of issues since my W10 upgrade, so I'm hardly the baseline to compare to. Although, this might be the one thing that W10 did make better/fix with CbB. I have been deleting the synths from the synth rack since the OS upgrade, so it's possible that I had the anomaly with W7. I'll never know, and I'm glad it's working as designed now.

I'm really happy to hear it's working as expected now! 😀

• Like 1