Using SD card

Kirby H

Question

Hey,

I'm going nuts figuring everything out, but loving DAW. Does anyone here practice this procedure.

I'm wanting to save project to an SD card to export to a Tascam. New to DAW, and can't find any related topics. I've exported from Tascam unit to DAW without issues. I need either a link to instructions, or a step by step by someone in the forum. Is it even possible, do I simply use the export feature.  Thanks in advance...

2 answers to this question

Are you wanting to have the SD card in a SD card reader/writer and then physically move the SD card from the reader/writer to the Tascam or do you have the Tascam connected through a computer USB port as external memory?

For either case the computer must recognize the card or Tascam prior to opening  Cakewalk by Bandlab.  The computer will recognize either the card reader/writer or Tascam as external memory and will assign a drive letter to the external memory.  The drive letter will show up in Windows File Explorer so you can navigate to the drive.

If you're going to work in this manner much of the time you may want to have Windows permanently assign the drive letter so it will remain the same each time you use the SD card in the reader/writer or Tascam.  Also, you will save yourself some grief if you always connect the Tascam or SD card reader/writer to the same USB port all the time; otherwise Windows will want to install drivers every time you connect to a USB port for the first time.