cant get midi controller to work

The Crater In Your Mind

Question

3 answers to this question

18 minutes ago, The Crater In Your Mind said:

I am trying to use a Roland fp-10 keyboard as a midi controller. I have it connected to my computer through Bluetooth, and it's checked as the midi input in the preferences menu. It is assigned to an instrument but it doesn't respond when being played.

If you're using MIDI over bluetooth you need to use UWP as your MIDI driver mode.

Go to Preferences->MIDI->Playback and Recording and set your mode to UWP.  Note that you can't change the driver mode while a project is loaded, so open preferences as soon as you open Cakewalk.

11 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

If you're using MIDI over bluetooth you need to use UWP as your MIDI driver mode.

Go to Preferences->MIDI->Playback and Recording and set your mode to UWP.  Note that you can't change the driver mode while a project is loaded, so open preferences as soon as you open Cakewalk.

I'm using UWP as the midi driver mode and I am able to select the keyboard in the preferences and on my instrument the midi omni box is checked next to the keyboard name. The keyboard has no effect on the instrument.

A couple of things to check:

1. When you play do you get activity In the MIDI tray icon  ?  image.png.2cc02acff97a0aad51833f65016056aa.png   (the red lights should light up).  If there's no activity, then this means Cakewalk isn't receiving any MIDI and the problem lies outside of Cakewalk.

2. Check your Control Surface preferences to see if any control surface is using that MIDI port. If it is, either remove the control surface or change it to another port.