WaveShell-VST3 9.7_x64.vst3? This is driving me to distraction :-(

Further to re-installation advice given so kindly in my other fred, I've so nearly got SPlat back how I like it. CbB has been uninstalled and I'll reinstall as per said advice once SPlat is 'perfect'.

However, each time I start SPlat, the VST scan starts running but always hangs on WaveShell-VST3 9.7_x64.vst3. When it stops, it opens an Explorer window [Documents] whose header is Select Waves 9.7 SG Studio Modules folder:

72dsLUZ.jpg

I select the folder so named and click on Select but nothing happens (the VST scan remains stopped). Once I click Cancel,  the VST scan then starts running again and SPlat opens.

I've searched my PC from top to bottom trying to find the 'correct' folder to select (both via a straightforward 'search' and also using the Explorer window above) but to no avail.

I thought I'd located the 'correct'  VST version of this WaveShell in the C > Program Files > Common Files > VST3 folder but the VST scan doesn't 'find' it here when scanned:

JPbIOJJ.jpg

I emailed Waves technical support on Wednesday and still haven't had a reply from them.

I'd appreciate any help if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong 😊

Edit to add:

Forgot to mention I also used the Repair feature in Waves Central to reinstall all my Waves plug-ins but this didn't help either 🙁

oyfQVRo.jpg

Edited by SteveStrummerUK
Add information

Speaking as someone who has never owned a waves plug-in, so read on at your own risk of wasting your life, what occurs to me looking at your post is.....

1) What happens if you disable scan on start up? (Thinks to self: why does anyone have that enabled anyway?) Are all the plug-ins you would expect to see in the vst3 menu and available to your project?

2) Is WaveShell-VST3 9.7_x64.vst3 just an older version of  WaveShell-VST3 9.91_x64.vst3 so it's looking for something that is superceded by the other?

3) What happens if you move the 9.7 folder to another location (ie out of the scan path) ?

4) Where the fook is scook when you actually need him?

5) That's a nice folder directory you have there. No hint at all of any folders that might cause a worldwide scandal.

1 hour ago, paulo said:

Speaking as someone who has never owned a waves plug-in, so read on at your own risk of wasting your life, what occurs to me looking at your post is.....

1) What happens if you disable scan on start up? (Thinks to self: why does anyone have that enabled anyway?) Are all the plug-ins you would expect to see in the vst3 menu and available to your project?

2) Is WaveShell-VST3 9.7_x64.vst3 just an older version of  WaveShell-VST3 9.91_x64.vst3 so it's looking for something that is superceded by the other?

3) What happens if you move the 9.7 folder to another location (ie out of the scan path) ?

4) Where the fook is scook when you actually need him?

5) That's a nice folder directory you have there. No hint at all of any folders that might cause a worldwide scandal.

1. What happens if you disable scan on start up? (Thinks to self: why does anyone have that enabled anyway?) Are all the plug-ins you would expect to see in the vst3 menu and available to your project?
    'Habit' I suppose mate. Plus, as I'm supposedly doing a completely fresh clean install, it bugs me why anything is in the wrong place/not working etc 🤬

2. Is WaveShell-VST3 9.7_x64.vst3 just an older version of  WaveShell-VST3 9.91_x64.vst3 so it's looking for something that is superceded by the other?
    No idea 😊 I've asked Waves tech support the same question!

3. What happens if you move the 9.7 folder to another location (ie out of the scan path) ?
    I just tried that - after temporarily moving the vst3 out of the VST3 folder, the scan says 8 plug-ins removed; 2 new (although the scan doesn't hang anymore). I closed everything and placed it back in the 'correct' place, the scan hangs again and I still had net 6 plug-ins missing. I had to run the 'repair' option in Waves Central to get them to show up again. Having done so, I'm back where I was before 😬

4. Where the fook is scook when you actually need him?
    Probably in the appropriate forum for this post 😁

5. That's a nice folder directory you have there. No hint at all of any folders that might cause a worldwide scandal.
    Correct mate, I have nothing on my computer to be ashamed about.  But then again, I don't have the power and the propensity to sit in judgement on other forum members 😐

Ok, again this is guess work at best so treat accordingly to your viewpoint........I had a similar issue a while back with some NI plugs that CW vst scan refused to pick up on even though they were in the same folder as others that it did, so I tried moving the offending items to a new folder and adding that to the vst scan path and then it worked. No idea how or why.

58 minutes ago, paulo said:

Ok, again this is guess work at best so treat accordingly to your viewpoint........I had a similar issue a while back with some NI plugs that CW vst scan refused to pick up on even though they were in the same folder as others that it did, so I tried moving the offending items to a new folder and adding that to the vst scan path and then it worked. No idea how or why.

Thanks mate, I had actually tried that 🙂

2 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Where the fook is scook when you actually need him?

He/She/Whatever has been known to loiter down here in the basement..........😊

Are the VST2 versions of the same plug-ins present?

If so, I guess the easy workaround would be to just use the VST2 versions of whatever plug-ins are missing if you move the VST3 version out of the scan path.

2 hours ago, paulo said:
4 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Where the fook is scook when you actually need him?

He/She/Whatever has been known to loiter down here in the basement..........😊

I don't use Waves plug-ins. Never have. Don't follow threads about Waves install issues because I have no way to test and no interest in the products.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, scook said:

Don't follow threads about Waves install issues because I have no way to test and no interest in the products.

How come you read this one then?😀

I'm a little disappointed. I would have thought that a man with the power to edit his post after the event without it being noted that he did so could do anything. ;) 

I did not say anything about reading the threads.

In a couple of similar threads I suggested contacting Waves support. This was mentioned in the OP.

IIRC, this is the first Waves install thread that mentioned me.

My knowledge of Waves is very limited. Years ago they had problems with X-Ray. mixing Waves VST2 and VST3 plug-ins was a problem (still may be IDK) and CbB needs Waves VST3 plug-in to access their external sidechain inputs. That's about it.

11 hours ago, scook said:

I don't use Waves plug-ins. Never have. Don't follow threads about Waves install issues because I have no way to test and no interest in the products.

Hahaha my sentiments exactly! I had and I did say HAD used them for quite some time until they got all dodgy and using extortion tactics comparable to the Yakuza.

I just recently ran into this same issue with a new PC build and after everything else went smoothly... waves again! 

The easy solution for me... delete any and all traces of waves and go on without looking back.

Edited by Robert McClellan