HELP! DRUMS OUT OF TIME AFTER EXPORTING

Dillon

Question

I have recorded a song which consists of mainly guitar and vocals I recorded using a mic.

At the end, however, I add in a drum plugin and an additional layer of guitar.

In my project, the drums sound perfectly in time with this additional layer of guitar.

But, when I export the project (to WAV) the drums are just slightly out of time, by less than a second but it is definitely still audible.

Please help, cheers.

2 answers to this question

On 6/20/2020 at 10:37 AM, Dillon said:

I have recorded a song which consists of mainly guitar and vocals I recorded using a mic.

At the end, however, I add in a drum plugin and an additional layer of guitar.

In my project, the drums sound perfectly in time with this additional layer of guitar.

But, when I export the project (to WAV) the drums are just slightly out of time, by less than a second but it is definitely still audible.

Please help, 

If you export the drums, and then import that drum track to an empty audio track, then mute the original drums, does the new drum track play in sync with the other tracks

Additionally, you could zoom in on the imported drums, and see if the transients line up on the beats, and if they don't, is it that they are evenly not lining up, or, do the drift farther apart farther into the song?

Perhaps a sample rate mismatch with groove clips?

Groove Clips?

Have you examined the drum transients to make sure they line up with the guitar and vocals?

If you freeze the drum plugin, and it renders the drum audio, does the rendered drum audio play back in sync with the other tracks?

Maybe you could also export separate tracks, of drums, lead vocal, and rhythm guitar, as broadcast wave files, and upload them to some cloud-based file sharing site, like Dropbox, and post links here, so they could be examined.

Other than some kind of issue with PDC (Plugin Delay Compensation) I don't know why they would sound different in the project or exported, but even there, I would expect any syncing issues to be audible prior to the export.

I have never experienced your issues, so any of the above are just guesses, as I don't have anything come to mind- hopefully someone can jump in with a better handle on what to look at.

Bob Bone 

On 6/21/2020 at 12:37 AM, Dillon said:

I may be misunderstanding but does it mean that the drums sound (e.g. Cymbals) is cut off at the end of the song?