Girl (Beatles Cover 1965)

steve@baselines.com

2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

WOW.

You even nailed the vocal EQ to capture that 60's U47 tone with just a touch of tube grit. Please consider tackling some of the lesser-covered tracks from that album, such as You Won't See Me or Wait.

Thanks man - I really try to get as many of the parts as I can correct.  I put a touch of Waves REEL ADT on the background vocals.  You just have to be careful not to overuse that one, but for the Beatles vocals it sometimes helps.

Very nice rendition.   You followed the original arrangement pretty close but still managed to put your imprint on the song.  I liked the song so much I downloaded it.  I was surprised to discover the file format is MP4 instead of MP3.  May I ask why?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

Very nice rendition.   You followed the original arrangement pretty close but still managed to put your imprint on the song.  I liked the song so much I downloaded it.  I was surprised to discover the file format is MP4 instead of MP3.  May I ask why?

Thanks a bunch Jim!

That is strange.  It's the first time I linked through Drooble - they must do some sort of conversion.  I uploaded a WAV.  I usually link to my website, but I guess this link was in my cache at the time.  Here is the link to the website version.  https://baselines.com/?p=5613

• Like 1

Wow, your website version seems to have more dynamic range and punch to it.  A good song is even better!  Evidently Drooble is like many other online music services that run uploaded songs through a compressor.

I very much enjoyed reading your story on your Drooble webpage.  I also like your musical taste.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Fogle said:

Wow, your website version seems to have more dynamic range and punch to it.  A good song is even better!  Evidently Drooble is like many other online music services that run uploaded songs through a compressor.

I very much enjoyed reading your story on your Drooble webpage.  I also like your musical taste.

Hey thanks Jim - appreciate the feedback.

Steve