Jump to content
steve@baselines.com

Girl (Beatles Cover 1965)

Recommended Posts

Steve you just keep you nailing these covers - another great job. You are a brave man taking on Beatles stuff - hat's off to you fella - well done. Andy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW.

You even nailed the vocal EQ to capture that 60's U47 tone with just a touch of tube grit. Please consider tackling some of the lesser-covered tracks from that album, such as You Won't See Me or Wait.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2020 at 12:42 PM, AndyB01 said:

Steve you just keep you nailing these covers - another great job. You are a brave man taking on Beatles stuff - hat's off to you fella - well done. Andy

Hey thanks Andy!  I really appreciate the feedback.  I'm a Beatles fan from the beginning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bitflipper said:

WOW.

You even nailed the vocal EQ to capture that 60's U47 tone with just a touch of tube grit. Please consider tackling some of the lesser-covered tracks from that album, such as You Won't See Me or Wait.

Thanks man - I really try to get as many of the parts as I can correct.  I put a touch of Waves REEL ADT on the background vocals.  You just have to be careful not to overuse that one, but for the Beatles vocals it sometimes helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Steve, you have a way of making these songs fresh!  You capture the feel of the original and give it your own twist.  Carry on!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lynn said:

Steve, you have a way of making these songs fresh!  You capture the feel of the original and give it your own twist.  Carry on!!!

Thanks a lot Lynn!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely captured that albums vibe and overall sound, well done to be such a brave soul, thanks for sharing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I think you did a good job on this cover - the mix sounded quite good to my ears. 

Well done.

Thanks for listening Douglas - I alwas appreciate hearing from you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 hours ago, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi Steve,

You've performed this Beatles cover wonderfully + had me singing along.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

Thanks for listening Paul - I checked out a few of your songs in the links.  Really nice.  I like the vocals, nice and clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice rendition.   You followed the original arrangement pretty close but still managed to put your imprint on the song.  I liked the song so much I downloaded it.  I was surprised to discover the file format is MP4 instead of MP3.  May I ask why?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jim Fogle said:

Very nice rendition.   You followed the original arrangement pretty close but still managed to put your imprint on the song.  I liked the song so much I downloaded it.  I was surprised to discover the file format is MP4 instead of MP3.  May I ask why?

Thanks a bunch Jim!

That is strange.  It's the first time I linked through Drooble - they must do some sort of conversion.  I uploaded a WAV.  I usually link to my website, but I guess this link was in my cache at the time.  Here is the link to the website version.  https://baselines.com/?p=5613

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, your website version seems to have more dynamic range and punch to it.  A good song is even better!  Evidently Drooble is like many other online music services that run uploaded songs through a compressor.

I very much enjoyed reading your story on your Drooble webpage.  I also like your musical taste.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim Fogle said:

Wow, your website version seems to have more dynamic range and punch to it.  A good song is even better!  Evidently Drooble is like many other online music services that run uploaded songs through a compressor.

I very much enjoyed reading your story on your Drooble webpage.  I also like your musical taste.

Hey thanks Jim - appreciate the feedback.

Steve

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim's right - the version on baselines.com sounds much better. Like comparing flac to 128 kb/s MP3.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...