Sonikinetic Solstice Sale

cclarry

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

OK>>>>you've been notified!  99 Euros in cart
https://www.sonokinetic.net/products/classical/dacapo

Lol yeah I just saw on their site. Man I've been spending a lot of money lately, $100 here $100 there.. not on junk or frivolous spending but good stuff.. upgraded from Komplete 10 to 12 for $99. Got Nectar 3 full for $80, a piano library that Simeon sold me on, a couple of 1tb SSDs. I've been wanting Da Capo but I'll research it a bit, I want to make sure it's good enough for the final production as I don't like the idea of buying "just for sketching" software. I also don't do super huge orchestra productions but I want to have a little something in the orchestra realm for when I need those sounds and short of buying Albion or something I've been considering Da Capo. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Hmm, I guess there is 50% off of Da Capo. 

@Zo (and anyone else), I know you have Da Capo, do you consider it worthy for final production or only good enough for sketching ideas? 

It doesn't really have enough articulations for most real productions (the legato is a bit goofy too).  The ensembles are all very broad (hi/mid/low for brass and winds for example), you can't really write for one traditional section all that easily.  The sound is pretty good though and it's very easy to use, which may make it useful for some uses where say a full on BBCSO or VSL wouldn't be so easy to use.  I definitely like Albion One much more, but you could use Da Capo for lots of things you'd use Albion for.  I got it mainly to match the other Sonokinetic phrase libraries.  I've gotten no real use for it outside of that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Hmm, I guess there is 50% off of Da Capo. 

@Zo (and anyone else), I know you have Da Capo, do you consider it worthy for final production or only good enough for sketching ideas? 

For hip hop or modern production , more than enougth  !!! For movies and realistic stuff , it sound great but you will miss instuments and articultions ....

I do find it easier than spitfire to incorporate in production i stated , more in the project sam territory ....

Download it and use the demo  mode , i don't know if it's possible , it used to be possible in NI promo

Edited by Zo
  • Like 1

This is the first time I remember all the Sonokinetic World libraries being on sale.  They were not included in the NI sales. 

Of course, the best deals on Sonokinetic will always be the 12 Days of Christmas sale, but you never know what will turn up in there.

Da  Capo was 49 euros during the last 12 Days sale.

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 1