First Time Install Issues

Russell

OK I decided to go ahead and try Cakewalk instead of continuing to use my old Sonar X3 Producer installation. Trying to do a Custom install and it will not let me change the location of the VST or Shared files. I keep all that on a separate drive and want to continue to do that. What do I need to do to get this to change the location for shared file and VST files?

There can be only one instance of shared folders on a PC. All versions of SONAR and CbB use them. They are installed on the same drive as the program. All versions of SONAR and CbB must be installed on the same drive.

If s SONAR or CbB installer detect a previous installation in the registry, folder locations are read from the registry. At that point, the ability to modify folder locations in the installer is disabled.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

If s SONAR or CbB installer detect a previous installation in the registry, folder locations are read from the registry. At that point, the ability to modify folder locations in the installer is disabled.

My Sonar installation is on C: and the VST files and Shared files for Sonar are on F: and have been since the original install of Sonar 8 Producer. Never had an issue with any of the Sonar upgrades so have to question that scook. I've always used the same structure -

Program on C:
Data (songs) on D: 
Extras (like Melodyne, Dimension, Guitar Rig, Session Drummer, VSTs) on F: 

Runs faster and allows me to have more simultaneous tracks. All the Sonar upgrades have always followed that structure so why would Cakewalk see it differently?