I dowloaded Ample guitar Lite M II I cant find it

Mad4it

The default installation folder for its 64 bit VST plugin is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VSTPlugins . Is that folder in your plugin scan path?

The default installation folder for the 32 bit plugin is d C:\Program Files (x86)\Steinberg\VstPlugins (32 bit).

I purchased the 12 string and no matter what I tried I simply could not get it to work. I could find the VST, fire it up inside the DAW but all the sounds we're missing and nothing I did would resolve it. After a few robust exchanges by email with both AmpleSound and the reseller, I eventually managed to get a full refund. 

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after that experience, no matter how good it sounds.

I hope you manage to get it working.

Andy

On 6/20/2020 at 3:59 PM, AndyB01 said:

I purchased the 12 string and no matter what I tried I simply could not get it to work. I could find the VST, fire it up inside the DAW but all the sounds we're missing and nothing I did would resolve it. After a few robust exchanges by email with both AmpleSound and the reseller, I eventually managed to get a full refund. 

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole after that experience, no matter how good it sounds....

What a bizarre takeaway..... There are probably hundreds of users here using Amplesound without any problems. Did you ask for help here or just assume you tried everything so naturally it was a faulty product?

17 minutes ago, JonD said:

What a bizarre takeaway..... There are probably hundreds of users here using Amplesound without any problems. Did you ask for help here or just assume you tried everything so naturally it was a faulty product?

Yeah, I use the free guitar and bass plugins with no problem. The samples stay at the location where the zip files are extracted and the .dll files go to the folders I posted earlier unless a different location is used. The only reason I can think of why someone would have trouble is if they deleted, or moved, the extracted folder because that's where the samples are.

9 hours ago, JonD said:

I guess it was ultimately borne of frustration, I don't have hours to waste trying to fix something that should just work out if the box. I did do a fair bit of googling around the problem across multiple forums and concluded that my experience was far from unique and there didn't seem to be an obvious fix - apart from uninstall/ reinstall that I had already tried several times.

I contacted AmpleSound support and tried everything they suggested to no avail - it simply would not work - so in the end they said they would support my case for a refund and actually they were very good about it but I would have to go (with their approval) via the reseller - which was fair enough.

The reseller (whom I won't name) was extremely difficult and pretty obnoxious and only eventually agreed on the basis that I would be 'banned for life' from ever purchasing from them again. A very strange approach to customer service but ultimately their loss I think.

Andy