Puns Anyone? Got 'em? Post 'em.

Notes_Norton

5 hours ago, RobertWS said:

I don't see how that's funny.

That's fair.  Unfortunately, that's how society has been programmed to respond now.  Ironically, Stevie DID think that joke was funny, and Ray was well known to have fun with his issue (watch the Blues Brothers for example).  I have a friend who accidentally cut off a thumb in a chop saw (he did carpentry) who, instead of feeling sorry for himself, liked to say "Well, I'm never going to hit that thumb with a hammer ever again!"  One way is healthy, the other not so much.

I suppose you wouldn't like the one about the midget who didn't hit the bar, ya?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

If I am reading this right, he wasn't serious.

Ah... Sorry, I missed the italics (fonts are tiny on my 40" monitor).

Unfortunately, I'm out here in Stupid Land, also known as the Left Coast and have to deal with snowflakes almost every day.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, craigb said:

Ah... Sorry, I missed the italics (fonts are tiny on my 40" monitor).

Unfortunately, I'm out here in Stupid Land, also known as the Left Coast and have to deal with snowflakes almost every day.

Ah...my eyes are bad too!   I went back and added bold.

At least you have acute situational awareness.  Condolences.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, craigb said:

Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder walk into a bar...

I've read that Ray and Stevie both liked blind jokes.

We should all follow that example and be able to laugh at ourselves. And we should not take offense when no offense was intended.

I'm follically challenged, and do not take offense when someone mentions that I'm bald, instead I'll make a joke about it. When playing "Hi-Heel Sneakers" and I sing "Wear your wig hat on your head", sometimes I'll look at Mrs. Notes, lift my cap and say, "Can I borrow it?"

Insights and incites by Notes ♫

Edited by Notes_Norton
  • Like 1