Puns Anyone? Got 'em? Post 'em.

Notes_Norton

28 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I'm tired of hearing all this Oscar news, frankly, I don't care about the Oscars at all, but this pun just entered my brain this morning.

Did Will Smith leave fresh prints on Chris Rock's face?

I'm in the crowd that believes it was all a setup because nobody really cares about the Oscars except those involved.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, craigb said:

I'm in the crowd that believes it was all a setup because nobody really cares about the Oscars except those involved.

I agree, but I couldn't resist the Fresh Prince pun. That was his rapper name.

- - - - - -

I quit watching the Oscars in the 1980s. Amadeus, a movie about Mozart came out that year, I watched it because it was music related, and I played Mozart tunes in school. It was an OK movie, but not a great movie. It didn't do well at the box office at all, because most people are just not interested in Mozart and his music.

Then it won the best picture Oscar.

Next, they did something almost never done. They re-released Amadeus in the first run theaters of the day for a second time, and it turned a tidy profit. Almost everybody wanted to see the Oscar winner.

That's when I realized that the Academy Awards is not actually an award show, but an advertisement. Who needs the money?

That's probably why Hitchcock never won the best picture Oscar, even though he made some great movies, certainly worthy of the award. But his movies always made huge box-office profits, so he didn't need the Oscar award (read: promotion).

That's just my opinion.

Now back on topic:

2019-12-03 Baloon.jpg

• Like 2