Zynaptiq UNFILTER is on sale $149 (60% off) Sat June 20 till end of month

TheSteven

Starting Saturday June 20 and running though June 30th at DontCrack.

Zynaptiq UNFILTER is on sale – $149 (60% off)
https://store.dontcrack.com/product_info.php?products_id=3434

UNFILTER, the original and award-winning "smart" equalizer, solves even the most tricky corrective EQ tasks automatically (or manually, if preferred) - adaptively catch rogue frequencies, gently re-balance frequency response dynamically, apply sampled filter responses to a sound, or just use it as a clean, tight and smooth sounding free-form EQ. Suitable for artists and engineers working in sound design, mixing, mastering, forensics, broadcast, and audio-post, UNFILTER is a highly flexible precision tool.

The key UNFILTER features at a glance:

• Mastering grade adaptive, free-form and graphic equalization plus 96dB/oct HPF.
  • Automatic detection and removal of EQ issues like resonances, previous equalization, roll-offs and comb- filtering from recordings.
  • Export of filter responses to or import from linear- or minimum-phase impulse response files (WAV).
  • Application of measured filter responses to other signals.

For more information please visit the UNFILTER website; to download a free trial, please visit the UNFILTER downloads page.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• TheSteven changed the title to Zynaptiq UNFILTER is on sale $149 (60% off) Sat June 20 till end of month

Wow... I faced a few times very bad quality tracks and it was so painful trying to recover it and mostly failed.... This demo is unbelievable...

However I wish it had lower price ...  Seems they don't believe for selling it to home recorders and address it for pro...

I think it's funny how our "perceptions" have changed.  A few years ago we would 
never have scoffed at a $149 price, or even the retail price that is 60% higher...
but now, in the advent of the $29 plugin, and others that are completely dirt cheap,
or FREE, $149 is now ASTRONOMICALLY priced!  Just had to point that out LOL!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is one of those cool plugins that I don't really have a use for yet, but might be nice to have.  Especially if I ever finish the project of putting old records on mp3.  After verifying they aren't available anymore.   

However, it isn't at a no-brainer price for me (as in under $30)  So I will probably wait until it shows up for sale at a place I have discount points, like Time+Space  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

I think it's funny how our "perceptions" have changed.  A few years ago we would 
never have scoffed at a $149 price, or even the retail price that is 60% higher...
but now, in the advent of the $29 plugin, and others that are completely dirt cheap,
or FREE, $149 is now ASTRONOMICALLY priced!  Just had to point that out LOL!

It is not  only that, Larry...  The problem is GAS which is pushing us to buy more and more plugins... So after spending 10 x $29 for 10 plugins with cool price we have less $290 in wallet...  :(

If we were buying less frequently I would grab it happy for nice price...

But after spending for some plugins in the same time not beeing sure how my job will evolve this year because of corona armageddon it is different story...

Not mentioning I grabbed Melodyn5 upgrade (not time yet to play more than just several minutes) and EZbass, now beeing tempted by AA...  :(

I have no doubt if plugin is doing what demo shows it is worth the price easily and many others but...

• Like 1

I downloaded the demo - it really is quite amazing what it can do - now the only thing is, how would I use it? - If I screw up a recording bad enough to have to use Unfilter as per the demo video, normally I would just record it again.....however I have tried it in a couple of mixing situations - I have no idea what it is doing, but the individual tracks sounded, well different..and if being really fair, I think sounded better, although that really is a matter of personal taste - but wow, they did sound different!!!

I also tried it in a mastering situation - I did a shoot out between Ozone 8, Unfilter plus a limiter (elephant) and Newfangled Audio's Elevate. Clearly what any of these sound like will be down to skill (not a great deal on my part) and personal taste - in this instance, I felt Elevate Sounded best.

Anyway, will continue to road test for a while longer - I think it is probably worth getting as it does seem to do something unique - or perhpas should I spring for those 10 x $29 plugins Piotr mentioned?????? 

If I do get another 10x$29 plugins, they could go and live with the hundred or so $29 plugins that I already have... and rarely use!!!!

Nigel

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

I've heard of this being used to remove excess reverb.  Might be more useful when trying to match orchestral libraries.  

But can it remove excess GAS?

I need a plugin like that to enable once in a while when things get out of hand...I actually discovered i already owned a couple of plugins I was keeping an eye out for.....that is bad heheh

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

They already sell those at Eden Fantasys. Some of them even have tails attached!

I was not familiar with that online store but seems appropriate to start tracking hot plugin deals in this forum for that store to see who catches on and who just buys because it’s a sale and then gets questioned by partner/wife/mom/etc once it gets delivered and they try to install it heheh

• Haha 2

Bringing this thread back to Zynaptiq, wondering if I can use this plugin to restore a very old vocal.  After using RX7 filters, denoisers, etc to remove an out of tune piano from background. I managed to squeeze the life out of the original vocal. 

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

But can it remove excess GAS?

I need a plugin like that to enable once in a while when things get out of hand...I actually discovered i already owned a couple of plugins I was keeping an eye out for.....that is bad heheh

At least you didn't buy them again.  Like I've done.   😲  O.o  >:(

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

Bringing this thread back to Zynaptiq, wondering if I can use this plugin to restore a very old vocal.  After using RX7 filters, denoisers, etc to remove an out of tune piano from background. I managed to squeeze the life out of the original vocal. 

I'm almost wondering if it would have been better to start all over and use something like Melodyne to fix the piano and leave the rest alone?

Edit: I think you can download a trial version.

Edited by Dzilizzi
added stuff

12 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

I'm almost wondering if it would have been better to start all over and use something like Melodyne to fix the piano and leave the rest alone?

Edit: I think you can download a trial version.

Thanks yea.  I have melodyne studio.  I may go back and do that.  I originally wanted to remove everything and with a naked vocal re-orchestrate everything.  The original recording was from late 50’s.  But it was a poor copy unfortunately and I don’t have access to original.  But maybe as you suggested I can fix what is there and just complement it instead.  Good idea.