Is Bandlab compatible with Waves Vocal Rider (side-chaining)?

Dreamer

Question

I read in the older forum that earlier Cakewalk Sonar programs were not compatible with Waves Vocal-Rider. Cakewalk had its own side-chaining choice, (Sonitus Gate), which does work. But the Vocal-Rider is a superior app. But that was then, so what about now?

Is Cakewalk Bandlab compatible to Waves Vocal-Rider?

(I did try it in Sonar 8.5 and the side-chaining aspect of Vocal-Rider does not work. It would not show up upon choosing a send, (Sonitus Gate does if I choose it).

Edited by Dreamer

8 answers to this question

I have the VST3 Vocal Rider. Still can't get the sidechain thingee to work. I have the lead vocal sent to a lead vocal rider bus and have that bus send to a music sidechain. VR on the lead vocal rider bus still does not see the music, only the vocal.

Am I setting it up wrong?

13 hours ago, Terry McCaw said:

I have the VST3 Vocal Rider. Still can't get the sidechain thingee to work. I have the lead vocal sent to a lead vocal rider bus and have that bus send to a music sidechain. VR on the lead vocal rider bus still does not see the music, only the vocal.

Am I setting it up wrong?

Then you're doing it wrong yes. ☺ 

What you want to do is: Create a New Bus or Aux Track and insert Vocal Rider on it. Next you want to route the OUTPUT of the vocal to the Bus or Aux track itself. Finally send the instrumental file as a SEND to the plugin Input. It should read something like (if my memory serves me well) "Vocal Rider Mono/Stereo (Input 2) Bus/Aux."

This will activate once you press play. 

Sorry I can't send you a video right now to demonstrate this -  i'm not at my home studio. Out with the little one.