Eddie Kramer Mixing Masterclass

cclarry

Signed up, but I gotta say I watched the Scheps masterclass and it was mostly a Waves mega-ad.
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Scheps Omni Channel (still on sale btw), and at the end of the
class he said "best advice is to get to know the plugs you have". Not verbatim, but you get my meaning.

My guess?
Another infomercial...

to wit you said "well duh!"
yeah I know

But I'll still tune in

t

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Signed up, but I gotta say I watched the Scheps masterclass and it was mostly a Waves mega-ad.
I was ready to pull the trigger on the Scheps Omni Channel (still on sale btw), and at the end of the
class he said "best advice is to get to know the plugs you have". Not verbatim, but you get my meaning.

My guess?
Another infomercial...

to wit you said "well duh!"
yeah I know

But I'll still tune in

t

Yep, but still this plugin is great and Andrew is always showing something interesting ;)

Edited by Piotr

5 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

I watched it too as well as the ones by Chris Lord-Alge, Piper Payne, Tony Maserati, and Chris Baseford.  The only one I found useful/insightful was the one by Chris Baseford.  It's not just that Waves plugs their plugins, but the classes were very unfocused.

I plan to watch Eddie Kramer's masterclass; but with low expectations.  I'm hoping to be surprised.

17 hours ago, locrian said:

but the classes were very unfocused

Exactly!

17 hours ago, locrian said:

I'm hoping to be surprised

Me too!

Glyn Johns and Eddie Kramer; what's not to like?

Oh, Tom Dowd should get a wink and a nod as well, but his early stereo mixes
(Disraeli Gears comes to mind), are just "put this left, and that right".
Not at all a "true" stereo field IMnotsoHO.
But maybe that was due to Felix Pappalardi's production.