Overloud's TH-U guitar amp software 60% Off

cclarry

I have Guitar Rig but haven't used it much so I can't really tell how different the CPU typically is but a project I have open at this moment shows 4 instances of TH-U and none of them move beyond 2% CPU hit for the duration of the song.  i7 4790, 32 Gb RAM, Studio One 4.6.  I haven't found many amp sims that do Fender better than Amplitube!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zo said:

Lol i swear i m not high , but how am i supposed to open the rig player if i don t have THU !!!

You do have to have a version of TH-U to have the Rig Player, but you don't need the FULL Version of TH-U, You can just get either TH-U Rock, TH-U Metal, or TH-U Funk and R&B, which are on sale now for $39, and you WILL have the Rig Player.

Rig player is part of TH-U not separate, and that is part of TH-U Full, TH-U Rock, TH-U Metal, or TH-U Funk and R&B

ROCKERS REJOICE!

TH-U Rock is a product based on the best-seller TH-U amp simulator. It includes everything you need to create incredible rock guitar tones:

16 very realistic guitar amp models

15 guitar cabinets

16 inspiring effects

The Rig Player and the Amp Tweak module

https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rock

Edited by ensconced
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, ensconced said:

You do have to have a version of TH-U to have the Rig Player, but you don't need the FULL Version of TH-U, You can just get either TH-U Rock, TH-U Metal, or TH-U Funk and R&B, which are on sale now for $39, and you WILL have the Rig Player.

Rig player is part of TH-U not separate, and that is part of TH-U Full, TH-U Rock, TH-U Metal, or TH-U Funk and R&B

https://overloud.com/products/th-u-rock

Lol man this what i was trying to explain the whole thread , i don t own thu and i stated i needed to own it , full or not lol when you pointed me the different versions , i m in th3 and asked for an upgrade but it s a shame since to have to do so to demo those thing , witch by theway have to be purchased to be demoed ?

Thks anyway ... i really hope the will propose a bettzr update , at least with better resolution on zoomed stuff ect to make it worth the upgrade ...

6 hours ago, Grem said:

Man... I don't know about all dat!! : )

Saying this because some people actually asked me on my youtube channel since i m chilling on reviews. Lol.

Fact is i don t smoke ... or drink either lol ....this might be the scariest thing ...lol

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Zo said:

Saying this because some people actually asked me on my youtube channel since i m chilling on reviews. Lol.

Fact is i don t smoke ... or drink either lol ....this might be the scariest thing ...lol

Me neither, I wanna live the longest but without Covid...

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Lol i swear i m not high , but how am i supposed to open the rig player if i don t have THU !!!

People tell me this all the time... sigh...  that I seem high... or drunk, because of my energy... 

Now I remembered why I let Overloud die... it's been a year or more since this issue, every time I want to login I get this message, and I have to reset my password... I hate time consuming protocols... 

The website encountered an unexpected error. Please try again later.

57 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Yes... this! ^^

Tell us what you think of them. I am on fence.

I was talking about the Rigs more ;) i have those if i recall well in the full version , nope ?

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

I was talking about the Rigs more ;) i have those if i recall well in the full version , nope ?

Nope. RIG player  are available also in all those mentioned before version. Just take a look and content listing. But essentially with THU variation you would have very limited amount of included RIGs.

All is about additional RIG pack...

Anyway after longer break with buying RIGs I grabbed the latest one (as other developer - my stupid curiosity) but I regret. Don't like it too much... Lots of RIGs but I have found not so many usable for my ears.... :(  It is related to quite famous amp but well...

Maybe I am done this time even for longer time... They need to build in a kind of way to test before buy RIGs not just buy and see what happens 😕

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Zo said:

I don't have any of the TH-U series so someone correct me if I'm wrong in thinking: TH-U rigs are like AAS sample packs - if you buy a RIG pack, you can use it in the RIG player included in the pack that was bought (just like if you buy an AAS sample pack, you can use it in the free player); if you have TH-U Full, you can also open your RIG pack in that (just like if you have the full version of Chromaphone, you can play your Chromaphone sample pack in that)

10 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Nope. RIG player  are available also in all those mentioned before version. Just take a look and content listing. But essentially with THU variation you would have very limited amount of included RIGs.

All is about additional RIG pack...

Anyway after longer break with buying RIGs I grabbed the latest one (as other developer - my stupid curiosity) but I regret. Don't like it too much... Lots of RIGs but I have found not so many usable for my ears.... :(  It is related to quite famous amp but well...

Maybe I am done this time even for longer time... They need to build in a kind of way to test before buy RIGs not just buy and see what happens 😕

Totally agree, Piotr.  I stopped buying rigs months ago - it gets expensive after a while, and some just don't sound that good.

• Like 1

I went even further - I sold my TH-U Full license after I realized that there is no "wow, that's what I want!" rig there.  Can't say they are bad but for me it was a typical rabbit hole. So  instead of never ending tweaking  I have sacrificed some time for searching free alternatives and found many usable amp and effect VSTs which are highly comparable or even better than TH-U for my ears. 

2 minutes ago, filo said:

I went even further - I sold my TH-U Full license after I realized that there is no "wow, that's what I want!" rig there.  Can't say they are bad but for me it was a typical rabbit hole. So  instead of never ending tweaking  I have sacrificed some time for searching free alternatives and found many usable amp and effect VSTs which are highly comparable or even better than TH-U for my ears. 

what are you using?

It is a long list ;) 

DS/OD:  Mercuriall, Ignite,  AnalogObsession (GreedSmasher, TS-808, TS 909, DoDod, Gunner, JAMP, TSE 808)

Preamps are mainly from Nalex, Ignite,  Poulin, Vadim Taranov, NickCrowLab and Mercuriall

Taranov's CabDriver between preamp and poweramp.

PowerAmp:  Ignite TPA-1

Ignite NadIR loader: Redwirez, Seacows, Leon Todd's IRs, Catharsis

Modulations:  TAL, Acon and Mercuriall choruses, Phazor, BlueCat's Flanger

Reverb: Valhalla Supermassive, Dragonfly

Delay: Spaceship, Echobox D7  (and purchased Valhalla Delay)

Edited by filo