IK Syntronik KRAZY Deal

cclarry

9 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

Those are his favorite type of questions and you can never start asking them too soon!

There's a name for this.... something ....stirrer! Can't seem to remember at this moment. LOL :)

On 6/19/2020 at 7:42 AM, abacab said:

I agree with the issue of sound preview with Syntronik. I have the same beef with the instruments in SampleTank 4 Max. The load time kills me when auditioning sounds.

I think that the sounds are excellent in both products. Was even thinking about upgrading my sample drive to an SSD to improve that.

But in comparison, I recently picked up Arturia's Analog Lab for the massive amount (6500) of preset analog synth sounds provided. And they load instantly for me. Would probably consider jumping on the full collection, but the amount of tweaking in the Lab is sufficient for most performance needs.  Sound designers or hardware synth lovers might disagree with that last statement.

An SSD drive is a game changer for sample libraries. You would not regret that purchase.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, BassDaddy said:

An SSD drive is a game changer for sample libraries. You would not regret that purchase.

I want to replace my current SATA Samples drive. So where can I get an 8TB SSD samples drive for about $200? Ok, maybe $300. 

5 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Yes, that's how I prefer things.   Just like Mr Bond but I'm now confused because I just watched him solving a murder whilst using a southern accent so he must be in deep cover.

Deep cover.  Is that what they are calling it now? It was called Deep "something else" in the old days.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

I want to replace my current SATA Samples drive. So where can I get an 8TB SSD samples drive for about $200? Ok, maybe $300. 

New Egg and Tiger Direct is what first comes to mind. Hopefully Lars will jump in. He should have a few good ideas.

5 hours ago, Bapu said:

As you probably know, you can't. Not even close. 

Current prices are around $170 for a 1TB Samsung 860 Evo $400 for 2TB, and $600 for 4TB.

$200 is roughly the price for an 8TB mechanical drive (3.5" internal).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bapu said:

1 hour ago, BassDaddy said:

New Egg and Tiger Direct is what first comes to mind. Hopefully Lars will jump in. He should have a few good ideas.

51 minutes ago, John Bradley said:

As you probably know, you can't. Not even close. 

Current prices are around $170 for a 1TB Samsung 860 Evo $400 for 2TB, and $600 for 4TB.

$200 is roughly the price for an 8TB mechanical drive (3.5" internal).

It was a joke. 🙂 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Yes, that's how I prefer things.   Just like Mr Bond but I'm now confused because I just watched him solving a murder whilst using a southern accent so he must be in deep cover.

Ah! "Knives Out". Good whodunit flick!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BassDaddy said:

My next project is the sample drive. Changing my system drive to SSD was a big game changer!

Got my secondary SATA hard drive split into two partitions, one for samples and one for archives, and its nearly full. Going to add another SATA SSD exclusively for the samples, and dedicate the spinner to archives.

Then I can buy more sample libraries. Which is out of the question at the moment, and I'm afraid I might miss a good deal! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, abacab said:

Ah! "Knives Out". Good whodunit flick!

It really is.  My wife and I just watched it, I know we're way behind on trendy movies but we also just moved and with a new house comes many projects eating away at the free time!

6 hours ago, abacab said:

My next project is the sample drive. Changing my system drive to SSD was a big game changer!

Got my secondary SATA hard drive split into two partitions, one for samples and one for archives, and its nearly full. Going to add another SATA SSD exclusively for the samples, and dedicate the spinner to archives.

Then I can buy more sample libraries. Which is out of the question at the moment, and I'm afraid I might miss a good deal! 🤣

I was hoping to get an SSD for my sample drive when I get to yet another project™which is to upgrade my studio computer (well, replace it).  I just upgraded the cooling in my gaming PC which is a lot cheaper than building a new studio machine but I've been trying to spec a reasonable SSD for the sample drive during the early stages of planning.   Seems the market is a bit janky right now for some parts, though, so  those who aren't careful (present company of bargain seeking experts have no worries there though!) could possibly end up taking  a bit of a bath on a build from what I'm seeing.   Most recently I noticed power supplies spiked in price but I believe that's settled down.  I'm not flush with cash due to my move anyway so I can play the waiting game :)

36 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

with a new house comes many projects eating away at the free time!

This is a "Never Ending Story"!

building a new studio machine but I've been trying to spec a reasonable SSD for the sample drive

My last build (I didn't plan it this way, life dictated it!) took me a lot longer than I wanted/thought it would. But that did allow me to watch prices on SSD and M.2 drives. I was able to get several 1TB SSD drives, and a 500gb M.2 (for system) and a 1tb M.2 for storage, and I didn't pay much over $100 for any of them!

I'm not flush with cash due to my move anyway so I can play the waiting game

Best strategy right there!

7 hours ago, abacab said:

Changing my system drive to SSD was a big game changer!

Definitely! 

Edited by Grem
  • Like 1