IK Syntronik KRAZY Deal

cclarry

This does sound very nice, but I do have to wonder - is having a sampled (real) synth really that much better than using some of the better synth plugins? I know it means you get a real analogue sound, but I'm guessing it also means you lose some tweakability, and that it uses more disk space.

Either way, this is a very good deal.

I've got Syntronik and Arturia Collection 6. 

I never use Syntronik, and use something from Arturia (the Mini, the Jupiter, the Prophet, or one of the organs/eps) on nearly every project.

Biggest problem witn Syntronik is, being sample based, it takes an irritating amount of time to switch presets. With hundreds (thousands?) of presets, I've never been patient enough to listen to the vast majority of them.

And I'm of the opinion that whatever realism improvement there might be from using samples of the real deal — versus just doing it algorithmically — will be lost in the mix. Particularly after you add chorus/delay/reverb to fluff up the sound to "as heard on records" quality.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Fleer said:

I love Syntronik (as exquisite sample based synth emulations) but I agree with John that a sound preview function is essential, similar to the Native Instruments NKS system. 

Yes, something like the NKS sound preview would be a big improvement.  I have about half of this already but 9 times out of 10 I go with Arturia, GForce of Korg Legacy synths.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, John Bradley said:

Biggest problem witn Syntronik is, being sample based, it takes an irritating amount of time to switch presets. With hundreds (thousands?) of presets, I've never been patient enough to listen to the vast majority of them.

I agree with the issue of sound preview with Syntronik. I have the same beef with the instruments in SampleTank 4 Max. The load time kills me when auditioning sounds.

I think that the sounds are excellent in both products. Was even thinking about upgrading my sample drive to an SSD to improve that.

But in comparison, I recently picked up Arturia's Analog Lab for the massive amount (6500) of preset analog synth sounds provided. And they load instantly for me. Would probably consider jumping on the full collection, but the amount of tweaking in the Lab is sufficient for most performance needs.  Sound designers or hardware synth lovers might disagree with that last statement.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, abacab said:

I agree with the issue of sound preview with Syntronik. I have the same beef with the instruments in SampleTank 4 Max. The load time kills me when auditioning sounds.

I think that the sounds are excellent in both products. Was even thinking about upgrading my sample drive to an SSD to improve that.

But in comparison, I recently picked up Arturia's Analog Lab for the massive amount (6500) of preset analog synth sounds provided. And they load instantly for me. Would probably consider jumping on the full collection, but the amount of tweaking in the Lab is sufficient for most performance needs.  Sound designers or hardware synth lovers might disagree with that last statement.

I personally really like the sound  of Syntronik compared to Arturia. I wasn't that familiar with the difference between sample based vs emulation. Tempting offer.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

Yeah but they spelled crazy with a "k" and it's all caps, so you gotta respect that.

We don't put it in all caps and K works with... IK

21 hours ago, antler said:

This does sound very nice, but I do have to wonder - is having a sampled (real) synth really that much better than using some of the better synth plugins? I know it means you get a real analogue sound, but I'm guessing it also means you lose some tweakability, and that it uses more disk space.

Either way, this is a very good deal.

The oscillators are sampled but the filters are modeled.  We also have the DRIFT™ technology to make the samples not feel static at all.

On 6/18/2020 at 12:04 PM, Sander Verstraten said:

So that was the reason for that freebie earlier this month...

Well there may have been other reasons too :)

• Like 2

On 6/20/2020 at 8:33 AM, telecode 101 said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia I guess it might be wishful thinking to ask, if one were to buy into this deal now, would it cout in a group buy if it were to happen in late August?

Those are his favorite type of questions and you can never start asking them too soon!

Edited by BassDaddy
  • Haha 5