Sven

"Can't find or open file"

I've seen a few posts regarding this error message but none that solves the problem.  I started getting this message recently and I'm guessing it might be related to a plugin:

image.png.468e418312bc4d41d0f5424b9d81b84e.png

Is there any scientific way to understand and fix the problem that's causing this error?  

Are you trying to open a project? Are you using the start screen and picking a project from the list? Please let us know what it is that cannot be found. 

The project has been open for a long time as I continue to work on it.  It seems that this message pops up when I take a break and go back and look at the screen again .  It doesn't seem to pop up at all when I'm working actively.

I began encountering this error recently and it's been driving me crazy trying to figure out. 

Though not a scientific answer to tracking down exactly what caused it, in my case, it was from creating read-only cwp templates. I was getting this error until I would save that template elsewhere as a read/writable cwp.

So it seems to have something to do with Cakewalk encountering read-only directories or files...