How to make a stereo track from mono?

tdehan

I've recorded some acoustic guitar tracks into Calkwalk using my condenser microphone through my UMC404HD interface.  Plugging the mic into INPUT 1 will record the track to the left.  Plugging into INPUT 2 will record the track to the right.  Is there a way to get the track on both the left and right (stereo)?

It wouldn't be an actual stereo track - but you can bounce to track and change the interleave in a couple of different ways. Your track inputs should allow you to choose left - right or stereo. You are likely selecting stereo input on the track input - and it's trying to record a stereo track. If you select either input 1 or input 2 related to which input you're actually using - it should record a mono track.

Recording is already covered by RBH.

Just route these panned hard left and right later to a bus, or group faders on the two routed to master.

If you want to fix a stereo from it once done, you probably can route to aux track and re-record as stereo track if you prefer.

You can right-click a mono audio clip and select Convert to Stereo. That will change a mono clip to a stereo clip with the same audio on both left and right channels.

427954449_ConvertMonotoStereoTrack3.thumb.jpg.7ef6794408172aec22c96f69a0434af6.jpg

Edited by Chappel
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 6/17/2020 at 4:16 PM, RBH said:

It wouldn't be an actual stereo track - but you can bounce to track and change the interleave in a couple of different ways. Your track inputs should allow you to choose left - right or stereo. You are likely selecting stereo input on the track input - and it's trying to record a stereo track. If you select either input 1 or input 2 related to which input you're actually using - it should record a mono track.

ah... ok, I will try that.