Acustica Aqua Erin

cclarry

20 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Yes, this has been confirmed. Original hardware sounds great!

@cclarry @Hidden Symmetry... and everyone else!

Have you tried it? Have no time to try until in a few days... Any good?

The comp behaves weird, I think there's a few bugs. (Except for Tim P's & a few others I never gel with AA comps anyway, they're too fickle & inconsistent)

The eq's sound good but nothing I can't already duplicate with my other AA's. Even at $30.00 I'll probably pass.

• Thanks 1

I listened to a Demo video, and it sounded good...but it didn't make me go WOW
like Taupe did, so  I think I'm going to get N4, as it's the most bang for the buck
at the moment at 80% + my 20% of Coupon makes it $70.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

16 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I think I'm going to get N4, as it's the most bang for the buck
at the moment at 80% + my 20% of Coupon makes it $70.

Thanks Larry! Good plan!

22 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

The comp behaves weird, I think there's a few bugs. (Except for Tim P's & a few others I never gel with AA comps anyway, they're too fickle & inconsistent)

The eq's sound good but nothing I can't already duplicate with my other AA's. Even at $30.00 I'll probably pass.

Thanks Hidden Symmetry! Yes same kind of here... I do occasionally use Sand and Water comp but so that I don't even see the needle move, tiny bit only. They are really inconsistent, but higher the Sampling rate better they sound 🙂

36 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Thanks Hidden Symmetry! Yes same kind of here... I do occasionally use Sand and Water comp but so that I don't even see the needle move, tiny bit only. They are really inconsistent, but higher the Sampling rate better they sound 🙂

That's because they can be doing quite a bit of gain reduction way before the meter moves, worse if you using a very fast release. Slowing down the release then checking the meter will give you a better idea how much gain reduction is actually happening.  it can be quite a bit, like 3-5 db!!

Yes, higher SR's can affect the quality. For cpu higher buffer rates & when using AA reverbs changing the dsp buffer in nebula to 4096-8192 to lower cpu. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ZokZTM said:

Is that so... Can't believe it. Talking about inconsistency !

Yep , when i first tried taupe i had zipper noises just to find out that no 48 khz files were availlable , they then sampled the corresponding ones ...

Does this sound like a real 33609 or do they still fail in the comp area (specially the attack) ?

7 hours ago, Zo said:

Yep , when i first tried taupe i had zipper noises just to find out that no 48 khz files were availlable , they then sampled the corresponding ones ...

Does this sound like a real 33609 or do they still fail in the comp area (specially the attack) ?

Well, there you go! I didn't notice anything as I'm @96kHz. Do you own N4? Try loading up the Acqua plugins (their N4 versions) inside the N4. It sounds better, it has it's own SR converter inside and additional buffer settings (the reason why they are sounding better than Acqua).

I don't own Navy, AA comps are hit or miss. We touched on this subject a bit here.

Edited by ZokZTM
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ZokZTM said:

Well, there you go! I didn't notice anything as I'm @96kHz. Do you own N4? Try loading up the Acqua plugins (their N4 versions) inside the N4. I sounds better, it has it's own SR converter inside and additional buffer settings (the reason sounding better than Acqua).

I don't own Navy, AA comps are hit or miss. We touched on this subject a bit here.

No nebula here , after early adoption and the messs i gave up , then had hope with last core engine but giving what we have with other brands , i didn t jumped back ...

thks for the link ...

2 hours ago, Zo said:

No nebula here , after early adoption and the messs i gave up , then had hope with last core engine but giving what we have with other brands , i didn t jumped back ...

thks for the link ...

You're welcome Zo 🙂!