Delay in hearing audio the first time you hit play

Sven

I've notice that often when I hit play for the first time after loading a song it takes a half a second to hear the first audio parts.   If I simply hit play again it's fine and the music starts perfectly.   I thought it might be a setting like "Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk is Not in Focus" but unchecking that doesn't fix it.   Does anyone know how solve this?

image.png.d78902bb063ffe4da43b1c5cdd904f27.png

This happens to me as well. I dont believe it has anything to do with Cakewalk as much as it is the Speakers/monitors built in protection circuit.  Even using stand alone plug ins (Guitar rig for example) i have 1-2 seconds of silence before my speakers are activated to normal mode.

What kind of speakers are you using ?

I think this is normal. It's certainly been what I experience if I walk away from my computer and have to wake it up. I think it's just the way computers are no matter how fine tuned they are for audio. You want delays then try going back to Windows 7! I just fired up my old W7 laptop,, I forgot how slow everything was back then. Even the internet seems slow. 

John Vere,

Thanks for your response.    For the record, this system is Windows 7 64 bit.   I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how well SONAR does with this system.    The song I'm currently working on has 45 tracks, many of them Kontakt SoftSynths.    I rarely have processing lapses and I can always freeze tracks or archive them to improve performance.    I'm not a big fan of Windows 10 so I'll stick with this until I have a compelling reason to change.

image.png.031c89edca7ac7a0cf6ef8da0507b2d5.png