VST Buzz Deal - East West Complete Scoring Package

cclarry

Not getting this but just curious, is this stuff "production" quality or just "good for sketching ideas but wouldn't use it in the final production" quality like many on VI were saying about that Kirk Hunter Virtuoso Ensemble library? Personally I wouldn't want to spend money on something that's not good enough for the final product. Of course good enough is subjective to a degree but that's just what people were saying 

It's the Gold version.  I believe most who still use this library use the platinum version.  And really, based on the reaction to the announcement that NI was no longer supporting the Kontakt version of this, it is still in use by working composers.  

Price is decent though. 

Yeah, more for sketching now, as they have a lot of reverb baked in, compared to their Hollywood successors. But still, many nice instruments in there and solo vocals that didn’t get into Hollywood Orchestra or Hollywood Choir. 

16 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

It's the Gold version.  I believe most who still use this library use the platinum version.  And really, based on the reaction to the announcement that NI was no longer supporting the Kontakt version of this, it is still in use by working composers.  

Price is decent though. 

I thought they used EW's own proprietary Play engine?

5 minutes ago, antler said:

The versions that are not being supported is Orchestra Silver for Kompakt, which Kompakt 
has been out of service forever ( I own this, and it STILL works...surprisingly!).  I believe it also
went Kontakt shortly, and that too is now no longer supported!  And yes, they now
use their own "Play" engine.

2 hours ago, antler said:

Yes, but NI has been authorizing it for years for those who own the old version.  NI sent out an announcement recently that they will no longer support a bunch of old libraries that included the Kontakt/Kompakt versions of QL Symphonic Orchestra.  It did not go over well. 

Edit - anything you buy now will use EW's Play Engine.  But when asked if people still use these libraries, the answer is yes, especially the old Kontakt/Kompakt versions.

Edited by Dzilizzi
added stuff