Acustica Summer Friday is Coming!

cclarry

I had/have no idea what "N4" is, just like most of their plugin names. From what I gather it's a "hardware emualtor". That's nothing new.

From the description: "Experience the full power of our proprietary audio processing technology, based on Vectorial Volterra Kernels, and find out what Nebula technology can do for you"...   Sorry, but it just sounds like marketing jargon.

But when you guys who own the plugins speak so highly of them, that's different and makes me think twice.  Still, 79 Euros is no "bargain".

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Would not agree that $70 is affordable in the current landscape of VSTs on sale.

Not 100% absurd, but you can get 2 -3  plugins from other makers for that layout on sale.  in the Comp, EQ, Saturation type of realm.

You are right Brian $70 for just 1 plugin is a lot but.... as mentioned often you get more than just 1 plugin under 1 name.

Let's check what is included for  instance in current deal Nebula N4 for 79EUR:

Bundle features

Inside this bundle you will find:

N4 is a VST, AAX and AU multi-effect plug-in that is able to emulate and replicate several types of expensive audio equipment, eliminating the need for costly and bulky hardware. N4 uses libraries that are created using a sophisticated “sampling approach” making it possible to “record” aspects of the sound of audio devices and play them back. The result of this sampling process is highly realistic, complex emulations of many types of audio signal processes and effects.

The Cross Platform Commercial Library (version 5) is a 10 GB library with more than 450 different real hardware emulations sorted by category. The Cross Platform Commercial Library can be downloaded via Aquarius and include in detail:

N4 Pack 1 - Compressor (33 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 2 - EQ and Filters (73 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 3 - Preamps (73 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 4 - Time Variant (52 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 5 - Room Reverbs (22 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 6 - Plate Reverbs Part A (12 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 7 - Plate Reverbs Part B (13 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 8 - Hall Reverbs Part A (14 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 9 - Hall Reverbs Part B (15 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 10 - Spring Reverbs (4 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 11 - Others Reverbs (20 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 12 - Tapes (20 emulation presets).

To be clear I am not trying to convince for this deal anybody :)

I am personally skipping it as I have got lately pink but it is tempting...

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

That does sound pretty great. How is it on the CPU?

Can you use other plugins besides?

How many of you guys regularly use N4? 

Is "Pink" a direct substitute for "N4"?  Is it better than N4?

I think I have a free N4 and couldn't figure out what it was supposed to do?

Edited by mibby

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

How many of you guys regularly use N4?  Is "Pink" a direct substitute for N4?  Is it better than N4?

Nope, Pink is completely different thing. It is  emulation family of API hardware.

N4 is engine available for use also for 3rd party manufactures and paid version is coming with big library of different hardware emulations.

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

I do have to say that, of ALL the plugins I own, these are the most realistic
and sound the best.  Obviously, opinions are like "a**holes",  but  for me, these
definitely "win" in the "sound" dept, hands down.

Here they win the "i don t trust you enougth to use you in a real pro project" coding ....price !!

add to this gb of space ... mmm hard to justify imho ... for real , not like we don t have exellent tools around ...as an alternative ... they re ok on eq , off on dynamics imho ...

Edited by Zo

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

You are right Brian $70 for just 1 plugin is a lot but.... as mentioned often you get more than just 1 plugin under 1 name.

Let's check what is included for  instance in current deal Nebula N4 for 79EUR:

Bundle features

Inside this bundle you will find:

N4 is a VST, AAX and AU multi-effect plug-in that is able to emulate and replicate several types of expensive audio equipment, eliminating the need for costly and bulky hardware. N4 uses libraries that are created using a sophisticated “sampling approach” making it possible to “record” aspects of the sound of audio devices and play them back. The result of this sampling process is highly realistic, complex emulations of many types of audio signal processes and effects.

The Cross Platform Commercial Library (version 5) is a 10 GB library with more than 450 different real hardware emulations sorted by category. The Cross Platform Commercial Library can be downloaded via Aquarius and include in detail:

N4 Pack 1 - Compressor (33 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 2 - EQ and Filters (73 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 3 - Preamps (73 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 4 - Time Variant (52 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 5 - Room Reverbs (22 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 6 - Plate Reverbs Part A (12 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 7 - Plate Reverbs Part B (13 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 8 - Hall Reverbs Part A (14 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 9 - Hall Reverbs Part B (15 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 10 - Spring Reverbs (4 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 11 - Others Reverbs (20 emulation presets).

N4 Pack 12 - Tapes (20 emulation presets).

To be clear I am not trying to convince for this deal anybody :)

I am personally skipping it as I have got lately pink but it is tempting...

Haven't used it, but the notion of presets doesn't sound like fully adjustable emualtion to me.  Sounds like a snapshot (like with tweaks to those snapshots).    

That particular tool is about $90 US.  

As much as  I loathe WAVES, Omni Channel I got for about $25.     And I'd love to replace it with something like this, if it went on a nice sale.    https://www.tb-software.com/TBProAudio/cs5501.html   but even at ~$70 that is top of market pricing.  

And I don't even want to know what the CPU and RAM hits on an effects process that has 10GiGs worth of content in it.    Especially considering it sounds like you might need multiple instances of it to get EQ, Comp, Reverb, Tape, Preamp

Edited by Brian Walton

10 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Haven't used it, but the notion of presets doesn't sound like fully adjustable emualtion to me.  Sounds like a snapshot (like with tweaks to those snapshots).    

I understand. Some people also don't like Overload RIGs as they as just snapshots...

I like O RIGs very much and don't care they are whatever they are :) On the othe hand there are plenty amp sims people love but I have different opinion...

We have many choices fortunately so we can follow what our internal taste and intuition is saying... This is good also for manufactures as more can sell their products. We are not just buying plugins from 2-3 of them but lots...

15 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

s much as  I loathe WAVES, Omni Channel I got for about $25. 

Yup, the same feelings here, this thing is great. For such price is a must have ;)

16 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

And I don't even want to know what the CPU and RAM hits on an effects process that has 10GiGs worth of content in it.    Especially considering it sounds like you might need multiple instances of it to get EQ, Comp, Reverb, Tape, Preamp

To be honest as long as it works good and smoothly I don't care how much CPU is used :)  I paid for CPU to use it not to see it was every time at 1% ;)
About RAM, well... unfortunately if project use a few big VSTis there is  not such thing as free RAM :(  AA plugins are not my biggest concern here either...

But anyway go for what you like and consider worth it. And share with us if you discovered something interesting less known ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Piotr said:

I understand. Some people also don't like Overload RIGs as they as just snapshots...

I like O RIGs very much and don't care they are whatever they are :) On the othe hand there are plenty amp sims people love but I have different opinion...

We have many choices fortunately so we can follow what our internal taste and intuition is saying... This is good also for manufactures as more can sell their products. We are not just buying plugins from 2-3 of them but lots...

Yup, the same feelings here, this thing is great. For such price is a must have ;)

To be honest as long as it works good and smoothly I don't care how much CPU is used :)  I paid for CPU to use it not to see it was every time at 1% ;)
About RAM, well... unfortunately if project use a few big VSTis there is  not such thing as free RAM :(  AA plugins are not my biggest concern here either...

But anyway go for what you like and consider worth it. And share with us if you discovered something interesting less known ;)

My CPU will fully shut down Cakewalk if I use a few instances of Acoustica plugins along with other things, that is a legit issue on my systems.  

Never got along with any in the box amp simulations,  so can't speak from experince on that.  

5 minutes ago, cclarry said:

The Acustica "heavy hitters" are best used on buses, but what they do
bring to the table is nothing short of AMAZING!

agree.   I usually end up freezing tracks , then pop them on the bus to reduce the load. 

Not the best workflow, but many times worth it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

Would not agree that $70 is affordable in the current landscape of VSTs on sale.

Not 100% absurd, but you can get 2 -3  plugins from other makers for that layout on sale.  in the Comp, EQ, Saturation type of realm.

Most were around $50 - $60.  Nebula is much pricier because it is more like a sample player. You can use all the other Aquarius effects in it.  Plus others make effects for it, though they do charge for them.  

And? I get coupons for an extra 25% off on top of the sales price.  I can't remember the level,  but if you buy one? I think they send a 20% off coupon on your next purchase.  

Check the link I posted in the second post to see what emulations each one is.  The Pink is very popular.   

8 hours ago, Dzilizzi said:

Most were around $50 - $60.  Nebula is much pricier because it is more like a sample player. You can use all the other Aquarius effects in it.  Plus others make effects for it, though they do charge for them.  

And? I get coupons for an extra 25% off on top of the sales price.  I can't remember the level,  but if you buy one? I think they send a 20% off coupon on your next purchase.  

Check the link I posted in the second post to see what emulations each one is.  The Pink is very popular.   

One Plugin gets you a 15% Discount ($0 to $500)
$200 get's you 20%
Don't know what the next level is ...probably $500 for 25%

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1

I suggest DOWNLOAD everything you would like to buy now and test it of course, but my main point I'd like you to be aware of (just a reminder):
Once the sale goes live servers are gonna get melted by all the users downloading stuff at once.
And some stuff is around 2 Gigabytes (channel strips).

Edited by Carlos

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

One Plugin gets you a 15% Discount ($0 to $500)
$500 get's you 20%
Don't know what the next level is ...probably $750 for 25%

I'm in the $500 - $750 range and am getting 25%.  I don't remember what 20% was.  I can probably check my old emails.  I just moved up during their last sale.  

If this is an amazing DEAL as they imply, I predict I will be able to get all of this:

Taupe 2 or 3.7 GB    249
Gold 3.5 GB        199
Purple 1.9 GB        199
Magenta 2.4 GB        199
Cola 647 MB        159
EBONY 2 GB        199

For just 362.1 Euros.

Can't wait!

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1