Acustica Summer Friday is Coming!

cclarry

Get ready.

This week is going to be a very special one.
First of all, we are really close to releasing our next beast, Erin, which is based on truly expensive, audiophile-grade processors often found in elite mastering houses, and whose cost easily exceeds $20,000.

Secondly, we are soon going to launch a pretty awesome 'Summer Friday' sale, to give everybody the possibility to stock up on powerful studio tools at truly affordable prices.

Last year, you might remember, what was planned as just an impromptu weekend flash sale, unexpectedly turned into a very popular promotion. Many users even asked for deal extensions as they didn't have the time to jump on the Acustica wagon in time (many were first-time users). Starting this year, we have decided to make this a yearly appointment. Get ready!

https://www.acustica-audio.com/store/en

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I do have to say that, of ALL the plugins I own, these are the most realistic
and sound the best.  Obviously, opinions are like "a**holes",  but  for me, these
definitely "win" in the "sound" dept, hands down.

They do make really nice stuff.

Think the coding efficiency could be improved though, they tend to be on the upper end of resource heavy.  A problem for those running older machines.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cclarry said:

I do have to say that, of ALL the plugins I own, these are the most realistic
and sound the best.  Obviously, opinions are like "a**holes",  but  for me, these
definitely "win" in the "sound" dept, hands down.

Concur. But for me usually not worth the anxiety of always worrying about CPU management, at least in recording and mixing. Now in mastering, that’s another story.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cclarry said:

truly affordable prices

Sorry, but Acustica and "truly affordable prices" just don't belong in the same sentence...   🤔  To their credit, they have beautiful UIs and have given away some nice plugins - which I never really use because of the CPU hit...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I sold my Total Studio 2 Max Maxgrade(cost me 32 bucks, sold for ... 270... lol).
Sold my PA account.
Sold my Waves account.
Sold my K12 Ultimate upgrade.

I am ready for this sale! :P

Wow! You have lightened the load quite a bit! Where do you sell them - KVR?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Wow! You have lightened the load quite a bit! Where do you sell them - KVR?

Vi Control ( I think all my sales have been on the Vi Control forum, weird, as I also post sometimes my stuff on KVR).
I feel Vi Control is better because for some reason I feel smarter people go there, and by smarter I mean "with more money to spend", but also know what they want or what they are buying.

And I've gotten great deals there, vs KVR which are meh (sellers "think" they are fooling us with their "deals" but not me, lol... unless I really really want some gem I find and want to save 5 bucks... :P)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, mibby said:

Sorry, but Acustica and "truly affordable prices" just don't belong in the same sentence...   🤔  To their credit, they have beautiful UIs and have given away some nice plugins - which I never really use because of the CPU hit...  

This was what I also thought about them but... 

- some of their deals are really good (like BF2019 and some of their next deals)

- you don't need to pay for newer version even if they are upgrading whole engine - it is given for you 4 free

- some of their plugins (but not all) are in fact group of plugins so you are in fact buying little bundle (like not just 1 preamp or compressor but few variations etc)

- they can really appreciate their customers buying more (what is - as unfortunately we know after experience with some big names - not so often)

I mean they are giving vouchers with your discount earned constantly (before every sale and more) and their vouchers aren't inflationing (like some well known examples ) and what's more they seem to be permanent.

After reaching next discount threshold you are at that level permanently (at least my history with AA is like that)

- converting a plugin to newer engine means a deal for new version (an of course free for old one owners)

But yep, true is they require completely different  workflow and high resources usage .

You just need to set buffer size to big one to avoid audio  drops/click/pops...  They react with some latency what is at the beginning confusing and annoying.

So they are good only  in mixing or mastering but not recording ...

But about recording with plugins in 'real' time I believe solution like UAD+LUNA is currently unbeatable

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

well what is the one Acustica plugin that I could use on the master bus to make a jazz funk electro mix sound like magic?

The FREE Coral Bax EQ is definitely a winner...Taupe is probably the best Tape Sim I have (and I have a lot!).
I highly recommend (maybe NOT LOL) trying them!  Just intstall Aquarius and you can demo what you want!

Something to consider maybe, is that the following are part of the Modula Bundle, so if you're interested in Modula, you can get just Modula light:

Magenta 5

Cola 2

Lime 2

Color EQ-3

Gold 2

Taupe

Edited by Carlos
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

Not when the do a 70% off sale.  They are actually affordable.  :)

Would not agree that $70 is affordable in the current landscape of VSTs on sale.

Not 100% absurd, but you can get 2 -3  plugins from other makers for that layout on sale.  in the Comp, EQ, Saturation type of realm.

• Like 4