Halion Sonic crashing Cakewalk c000005

Misha

Hi Folks.

Have new system issues (never happened on old setup)

Halion Sonic VST crashes Cakewalk every time. Some time from the start, at times 5-10 minutes after.

Error c000005. Screenshot is at the bottom.  How it is setup: i7/win10/32g ram. I run computer as administrator (all privileges )Halion Sonic 3 is on e-licenser. I have done e-licenser "maintenance", so everything is up to date.  Fresh version on Sonic directly from Steinberg (not update of previous version).  Fresh install of Cakewalk about 2 weeks ago.  I thought Cakewalk was having trouble with VST3, so I removed that, re-scanned VST and tried VST2 of Sonic.., still crashes. I wrote to Steinberg but as I understood, it might take weeks before they respond, not necessarily resolving the issue. This forum (usually) rocks! So I will try my luck here. I have the minidump from Cakewalk, but not sure what to do with it.  Would appreciate a good start point of trying to resolve this.  

Thank you!

crash.jpg

Thanks, but as I mentioned in my post, everything is (Halion 6) fresh install (from Steinberg download manager) so all stuff is up to date. My guess it is either driver (video) or some sort of security issue... All drivers are fresh install too from chipset to video...

Unfortunately do not even know what I should look for.

Jon, Thank you.

Not sure what helped, seems to be stable for now.

I reinstalled whole Halion Suite (not just Sonic) and Licence manager.  Fingers crossed, so far no crashes for 2+ hours. It is freaking Halion thing.

Cakewalk was super stable for me for the past 60 or so songs. 

If it will crash  again, I will try your method of resetting VST before re-scan. Hopefully Halion is happy now.

A possible solution for future members and guests. What really resolved Halion crashes (c000005) for me was full re-install of Nvidea drivers.

I resolved it by "blind" method, but then it was confirmed by Halion tech in Germany. No more c000005 crashes for me.

Edited by Misha