Forever Ago

David Sprouse

Avant garde Asian Mozart goes to the circus. That was a good listen! It held my interest all the way to the end. It was fun trying to hear the little stuff underneath the big stuff - nice job there!

FWIW you might consider dropping the shaker volume just a bit in the first section. And throughout, the transient attack on the kick drum beater is throwing off a percussive hit artifact that sounds a bit too much like a digital clip. If that makes any sense? Not really a problem, just an observation.

The steel drum sample is great and well used! What did you use for that?

cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Very cool. I especially liked what you brought in just before 2 min and after. I like the bass part and would like to hear that better, not sure if its my listening environment or if the bass sound is dispersive and low in the mix. Just the thing for a Tuesday escape.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:00 AM, emeraldsoul said:

Avant garde Asian Mozart goes to the circus. That was a good listen! It held my interest all the way to the end. It was fun trying to hear the little stuff underneath the big stuff - nice job there!

FWIW you might consider dropping the shaker volume just a bit in the first section. And throughout, the transient attack on the kick drum beater is throwing off a percussive hit artifact that sounds a bit too much like a digital clip. If that makes any sense? Not really a problem, just an observation.

The steel drum sample is great and well used! What did you use for that?

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for your wise ears tom.  Those artifacts had something to do with ozone and a soundtoys plugin.  Took me a long time to find it. Thanks again!

On 6/16/2020 at 2:10 PM, treesha said:

Very cool. I especially liked what you brought in just before 2 min and after. I like the bass part and would like to hear that better, not sure if its my listening environment or if the bass sound is dispersive and low in the mix. Just the thing for a Tuesday escape.

Treesha, so nice to see a new face (also female.)  Glad you could relate to this.  

Very nice David! Can't say if I'm sorry I missed it, or glad. Evidently you've re-mixed, and all I can say is 👍!
Nice soundstage, and the ending was perfect.

On 6/16/2020 at 7:00 AM, emeraldsoul said:

avant garde Asian Mozart goes to the circus

Not how I would describe it, but you've definitely "painted" a picture; I think that deserves a 👍 fer sure...

t