Waves 25% Off WUP

cclarry

I had a trick for getting 2 years for the price of one, and it's working again!
You can still kinda do it.   Select the plugin with the expiration date the farthest out
(or buy a NEW cheap plugin and use it).  Then pick what you really want to update. 
Everything will update to the new date, which is one year from
that plugin with the farthest out expiration date (the NEW plugin if that what you did - 
getting you two years for the price of one!

Right now my One Knob Pumper is out of WUP, and my Bass Rider is about to expire.
If I were to pick those two, and use my SoundGrid Studio as the "farthest out" expiration,
which expires in June of 2021 it would extend them ALL to June 2022!  2 Years for the price
of one!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, cclarry said:

You can still kinda do it.   Select the plugin with the expiration date the farthest out
(or buy a NEW cheap plugin and use it).  Then pick what you really want to update. 
that plugin with the farthest out expiration date (the NEW plugin if that what you did - 

Right now my One Knob Pumper is out of WUP, and my Bass Rider is about to expire.
If I were to pick those two, and use my SoundGrid Studio as the "farthest out" expiration,
which expires in June of 2021 it would extend them ALL to June 2022!  2 Years for the price
of one!

be patient, Larry!  Just wait for $1,29 WUP revolution ;)

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

of one!

55 minutes ago, Grem said:

That's what would happen to me too. I would get everything extended to 2022

I had no expired or new items to buy (since I own it all anyway). So for this year all I got was an extended year (from 6 Dec 2020 to 6 Dec 2021) for Kobi's price. I'm ok with that. So I'll probably skip a 2021 WUP unless a new item comes out in May or later of 2021 pushing my new end date into 2022.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cclarry said:

of one!

I tried this Larry and it's not working for me. I have Mercury, which is really what I want to update, that expired in Sep2019. I also have AR Saturator that expires in Jan2021, AR Studio 3 that expires in Dec2020, and Inspire Instrument Collection that expires Dec2020. WHen I select Mercury and any of the three that hasn't expired, it jacks the price up by $140 and tells me:

Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than 1 year for some of the selected licenses.

So, I'm back on the fence trying to decide if I want to do this now or next year. 

55 minutes ago, Grem said:

I tried this Larry and it's not working for me. I have Mercury, which is really what I want to update, that expired in Sep2019. I also have AR Saturator that expires in Jan2021, AR Studio 3 that expires in Dec2020, and Inspire Instrument Collection that expires Dec2020. WHen I select Mercury and any of the three that hasn't expired, it jacks the price up by $140 and tells me:

Your Waves Update Plan exceeds the $240 cap due to either selecting multiple identical licenses, or the coverage you’re about to purchase is for more than 1 year for some of the selected licenses.

So, I'm back on the fence trying to decide if I want to do this now or next year. 

If you can I would suggest to wait...

I wouldn't like to sound cynic but I believe currently way less people are investing in plugins overall... which means less sold software which means more deals needed  for manufacturers to earn more to keep their business running....

If you have no gigs to refund what you have bought in short time and no any urgency to buy (GAS not included in this consideration;) I believe it's better to be more careful about buying....

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I think that happens because it exceeds the threshold Grem.  The Cap is $240, but you have to make sure
that you are NOT WUP'ing identical licenses.  Otherwise it will exceed the threshold.  But it should work.

AHA...they pull the $240 cap if it exceeds one year when the amount goes OVER $240...

1 year of Waves Update Plan coverage is capped at $240 for all non-identical products.

Just now, cclarry said:

I just confirmed that, as long as you stay UNDER $240, you can get 2 years for 1...
once you cross the $240 mark, it doesn't pull the 2 years, but it charges you MORE!

This makes sense.  I've had Mercury for a few years.  They always charged me extra with other products.  Though last year, I waited until everything was out of WUP and selected it all.  I think I got it for somewhere between $225 and $250 with all the discounts.  It was worth it to get everything to version 10 or 11 - I had a mix of 9 and 10 before that and it was a headache to install.  Now I am good until 12/2020.  Not worth bothering.  I usually WUP every 2 to 3 years to get the new stuff that was added. 

• Like 1

If anything, I think they should be rewarding customers who bought so many of their products JMO. 

Maybe even "grandfather" in a lower rate. Say you own Mercury or whatever the largest package is and have been loyal. That should be worth some kind of a benny.

Probably won't happen, but I think it would be a great company gesture to the dedicated loyal customers who bought a lot of stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Starise said:

If anything, I think they should be rewarding customers who bought so many of their products JMO. 

Maybe even "grandfather" in a lower rate. Say you own Mercury or whatever the largest package is and have been loyal. That should be worth some kind of a benny.

Probably won't happen, but I think it would be a great company gesture to the dedicated loyal customers who bought a lot of stuff.

They do in a way.  A lot of the new products get added to Mercury, which is why I will WUP if I can't find a new "bundle" option.  I could still use version 9 otherwise.  The other thing they do is max the WUP at $300 before any sale prices.  So the more you can WUP at that price, the better.  Unless they add another upgrade bundle path - those can be much less and still give you another full year of WUP. 

But, yes, once you reach a certain level, the less expensive upgrade bundle options do disappear.  As a PC owner, it is not as imperative to WUP, since the OS doesn't usually break the code.  As I said, version 9 will still work with Win 10.  Apple, however, is not so nice to their users.  I can't blame Waves for charging to have to fix the coding on all their products to work with Apple's OS updates.  But it does mean us PC owners have to pay if we want to have all our products on the same version.  The newest Waves installer has made it a little more difficult to have multiple versions - though they may have fixed it since I last used it. 

9 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

A lot of the new products get added to Mercury

From looking, they may be scaling back on that. They only added one plugin from v10 -> v11 (Infected Mushroom Pusher). So certainly lacking reasons to even look at WUP. There are additional "features" and pre-sets, but not enough to spend the money.

14 minutes ago, Barrie said:

From looking, they may be scaling back on that. They only added one plugin from v10 -> v11 (Infected Mushroom Pusher). So certainly lacking reasons to even look at WUP. There are additional "features" and pre-sets, but not enough to spend the money.

That's not really true.  There was something new recently that was in Mercury.  Don't remember what though.  Pusher is old. 

12 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

That's not really true.  There was something new recently that was in Mercury.  Don't remember what though.  Pusher is old. 

CLA Mixhub was the latest addition IIRC.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dzilizzi said:

They do in a way.  A lot of the new products get added to Mercury, which is why I will WUP if I can't find a new "bundle" option.  I could still use version 9 otherwise.  The other thing they do is max the WUP at $300 before any sale prices.  So the more you can WUP at that price, the better.  Unless they add another upgrade bundle path - those can be much less and still give you another full year of WUP. 

But, yes, once you reach a certain level, the less expensive upgrade bundle options do disappear.  As a PC owner, it is not as imperative to WUP, since the OS doesn't usually break the code.  As I said, version 9 will still work with Win 10.  Apple, however, is not so nice to their users.  I can't blame Waves for charging to have to fix the coding on all their products to work with Apple's OS updates.  But it does mean us PC owners have to pay if we want to have all our products on the same version.  The newest Waves installer has made it a little more difficult to have multiple versions - though they may have fixed it since I last used it. 

For the Mercury package this  seems fair enough. Some users grew tired of  what seemed like too many version changes .They lost some customers as a result.

It seems  PC users might be paying for some of the development for Apple because there likely isn't a separate Apple and PC fund.

Right now  my next move would probably be Diamond coming from Horizon with 71 added plugins. My voucher is 180.00. This can only be used for half of the purchase price. Mercury would still be pretty expensive for me as an upgrade. Cakewalk is scanning over 1400 plugins in my system....so I doubt I need another EQ or limiter. The channel strips look interesting.I'm not especially  impressed by the offerings right now. I'll look into it a little more. Maybe I'll change my mind.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starise said:

^^ This would be welcomed by me.

2 hours ago, Starise said:

Probably won't happen

^^ This is reality though

Abbey Road went through some additions, however WUP did not add them as it seems Waves is required to charge for each new AR plug. But if you own all of AR at the time you get the new plug at a really decent discounted intro price. At least I did in the past.

• Like 3