Waves 25% Off WUP

cclarry

3 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

@Piotr
You're probably right.
Doesn't really make me feel much better/less dumb though.

But who knows maybe Waves will surprise all and  release newer and much improved versions and your WUP give them to you for free ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

I'll let you know when my new Babyface Pro FS arrives, it's been 11 days since I ordered it and it hasn't arrived (DHL must be sooo busy, my package has always been just "next" state :(

And yeah, WE only matter ;)

I’m a Babyface Pro user.  It is great.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Toffo said:

Does WUP ever go more than 25% off?

I WUP'd some plugins  a year ago when Waves offered a 25% discount.  I don't remember seeing any other WUP deals since then.  Perhaps someone can confirm whether there have been additional WUP discounts over the past year.

In cclarry's original post, it seems like one of the retailers may be able to offer a modest additional discount.  Not sure what the process is for this.  Perhaps clicking on the link in the original post explains the process.

Edited by Tom B

10 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

@Piotr
You're probably right.
Doesn't really make me feel much better/less dumb though.

Did you checkmate Koby at everyplugin.com? He can tell you your best option. Hey, you got two licenses now!! Don't forget that!!

15 hours ago, Bapu said:

Everyplugin.com took me from $229USD to $199USD for Mercury, SSL Collection, Abbey Road Collection, Infected Mushroom and Inspire Instruments.

Koby could take me from $180 to $155. Haven't decided yet to make the WUP. Itnwould bring everything to v11, and two licenses, I can't forget that!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mibby said:

Just curious, has there ever been a plugin "update" other than the recent UI for the Renaissance plugins?  (Not being sarcastic, this is a real question. )

Several others got UI updates as well...but pretty much NO.
GTR is STILL at 3.5....which is RIDICULOUS.  They have time to
come out with NEW plugins, but the existing ones languish in 
the past.  Waves has actually CEASED to be of any value.
The lower prices are nice, but when you add in WUP, and Transfer
Fees, and all the other "garbage", they have become valueless.
You can hardly give them away in resale.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, mibby said:

has there ever been a plugin "update"

the v9 -> v10 -> v11 could be considered updates

In general it's the bundle updates that are more interesting, if you have a bundle that gets plugins added from time to time.

An additional point to consider is that plugins under WUP can be transferred (gifted, sold)

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

An additional point to consider is that plugins under WUP can be transferred (gifted, sold)

Yes, that's a requirement from Waves which, IMHO is totally bogus.  I bought the plugin, I should be able to sell it. (Not the I really sell plugins but I think it's a pretty ridiculous money grab on their part.)

1 hour ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

the v9 -> v10 -> v11 could be considered updates

And I'm sorry, but just simply changing the version number does not qualify for an "update".  But it DID cause no end to the headaches of trying to get "previous" versions to run... 

=== edit ===

I don't mean to sound "angry". I like some of my Waves plugins a lot, I just wish they wouldn't "age out" without me having to pay a LOT of $$. 

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1

I really love almost all my Waves plugins. Always using them too.

Version updates help with maintaining compatibility with updated OS versions. Us that's been on Win 10 haven't really noticed anything. But Mac users might have.

I am still on the fence about my WUP. $155 to get everything to v11 would last a few more years. Most of my plugins are v10, but I still have some v9 stuff. The two license deal wouldn't help me all that much. So I have to think about it. I haven't said I would *never* WUP, but this isn't really an easy choice. 

I would get a voucher for $180, but like @RSMcGuitar was saying, how would I use that? I got everything! And with the limitations/restrictions of the voucher.... meh. Not much of an incentive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grem said:

I would get a voucher for $180, but like @RSMcGuitar was saying, how would I use that? I got everything! And with the limitations/restrictions of the voucher.... meh. Not much of an incentive. 

I ended up contacting the waves sale team and it looks like they're going to help me out with my situation. Haven't confirmed yet.

If you or anyone else are/is in that situation, I'd say contact them to see what they can do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, lawajava said:

I’m a Babyface Pro user.  It is great.

I really like my RME Fireface UFX with two Octa Mic II. If Iever had to do 

My previous interface was Tascam FW-1884 with the mic mods. It was ok but started getting long in the tooth.

On 6/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, Bapu said:

Everyplugin.com took me from $229USD to $199USD for Mercury, SSL Collection, Abbey Road Collection, Infected Mushroom and Inspire Instruments.

When you think about it, if you WUP every other year - which is plenty sufficient to keep current - that’s at least 40%.

Bazinga!

• Like 5

My end price was 159.00 for Horizon and a bunch of other plugins I bought. This included  a $180.00 voucher.. I updated the Waves portal. The plugins I have probably compare favorably to the Melda MTotalFX Bundle. Check it out HERE. My price for that bundle is $1,913 Dollars. I have a few Melda plugins and they are great plugins, but in answer to the comments that Melda has updates for life. While this is true, I am probably under 500.00 for my collection  so far and that includes 2 WUPs.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lawajava said:

When you think about it, if you WUP every other year - which is plenty sufficient to keep current - that’s at least 40%.

Bazinga!

That is pretty much what I do.