Sign in to follow this  
Douglas Kirby

Higher Than Heaven

7 hours ago, Barry Seymour said:

The bass seems to fill up the bottom, almost to the point of distortion; it kinds of crowds things. It also sounds like there's a hissing in the background, but not like tape hiss... hard to identify. I'd also see if you could move the plucked background guitar to the sides; it seems like it's competing with the lead vocal for attention.

Nice how the second guitar comes in during the chorus, giving it some depth and motion.

I like the song!

Hey Barry - thanks for your comments and critiques.  That hissing you heard in the background is the Waves Abbey Road Vinyl plug-in - it gives my tracks the warmth of vinyl - I use it on every song. I like it anyway. Thanks for listening.

Douglas...A nice retro rocker to my ears. The up front "raw" feel of the mix is something I miss in many more recent mixes. 

18 hours ago, Starise said:

Douglas...A nice retro rocker to my ears. The up front "raw" feel of the mix is something I miss in many more recent mixes. 

Thanks Starise - I appreciate you listening to my song.

Douglas, nice old school rock song. Well done!

16 hours ago, Bapu said:

Douglas, nice old school rock song. Well done!

Thanks Bapu - I appreciate you giving my tune a listen.

I really like this one Doug.

Nice guitar tones, vocal is quirky and believable and the backing vocals are great - simple but effective.  The hook has stayed in my head too.

On 7/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, daryl1968 said:

I really like this one Doug.

Nice guitar tones, vocal is quirky and believable and the backing vocals are great - simple but effective.  The hook has stayed in my head too.

Hey Daryl - thanks for listening and I'm glad you liked it.