Boz Imperial Delay

cclarry

Boz took a lot of flak for initially pricing this at $300. He honestly thought it was that good. So did I.

But there just wasn't a market for a $300 delay plugin, and it floundered. Even when the price came down to $150, the demand was not huge. Not when you can get goodies such as the wonderful tritik delay for 50 EUR. So I am delighted that it can now be had for 25 bucks. Now everyone can enjoy this top-tier effect. It's my absolute favorite for vocals because you can get that lush thickening that doesn't draw attention to itself, doesn't slur consonants or otherwise muddy the vocal. 

• Like 4

FWIW - has a bug on the VST3 version in Cubase - bypass doesn't work when you export...so you get delay wether you want it or not !

developer aware but seemingly not interested in fixing....fine for $25.81 but less fine for $300

I noticed that the free "width knob" also wouldn't bypass at all in Cubase ..YMMV

5 hours ago, simon said:

FWIW - has a bug on the VST3 version in Cubase - bypass doesn't work when you export...so you get delay wether you want it or not !

developer aware but seemingly not interested in fixing....fine for $25.81 but less fine for $300

I noticed that the free "width knob" also wouldn't bypass at all in Cubase ..YMMV

Does this happen in Cakewalk do you know? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

Does this happen in Cakewalk do you know? 

not sure - the developer said (months and months ago)  "I've been suddenly getting a lot of reports about this" but that was the last I heard  

It's still a good delay BUT just far from perfect.....

7 hours ago, bitflipper said:

This is why, when given the option, I always choose the VST2 version. 

Thanks for the review, I bought it and especially for the ducking delay. Ducking delay is easy enough to set up once you get where to route and send what to what but this is cool plus the other features and probably this and echoboy will be all I use. 

Edited by Christian Jones

On 6/15/2020 at 11:25 AM, bitflipper said:

I also see that Boz's Manic Compressor is on sale for $29. Even if you're not into ultra compression, everybody needs at least one super-squasher on hand. Manic Compressor excels at beating any track into submission.

Thanks for the heads-up, both on the compatible-with-my-lifestyle pricing and the suggestion to favor the VST2 version. Bought!