Grandfathered Plugins

Robert McClellan

As a longtime user (started baking with Sonar LE in before the Cleverbridge updates) I have the privilege of owning all of the old plugins from my eventual purchase of SPLAT. 

However, I just recently learned that new users don’t have access to these pre-existing Plugins. 

Is there anyway that new users can gain access to these? I’d love to be able to share with my audience how to do so. I’ve had hundreds of people asking for them already! 

• Great Idea 1

Load up your old DAW or do a custom installation and point Cakewalk to the plug in folder (I believe its the same folder as Cakewalk by bandlbad defaults to).

Most of these plug ins can be used but your previous DAW needs to be installed, or as i said, a custom install of plug ins only.

We recommend that users who had previous versions of SONAR install that and its related content first, then install Cakewalk by Bandlab. Then you'll have access to all your previous content in the latest version of the app. SONAR Platinum/Professional/Artist can still be downloaded and installed via Cakewalk Command Center.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jonathan Sasor said:

We recommend that users who had previous versions of SONAR install that and its related content first, then install Cakewalk by Bandlab. Then you'll have access to all your previous content in the latest version of the app. SONAR Platinum/Professional/Artist can still be downloaded and installed via Cakewalk Command Center.

Right. I have them all. I was asking for my growing community that don't have access to see if there was a work around for them to gain access.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if they will do that in the future. It would be cool if they release all the plugins and associated features of the ones they own to new Cakewalk users ( I just recently got it this year). Although we do have a lot of the stuff that was in platinum if you exclude 3rd party stuff. There are some plugins and instruments that are missing. There are still preset links to non-existent plugins (not sure why they haven't been removed). They don't do anything though. I read an old post on the old forum (which is still there by the way) by some BandLab staff member that if they re-release RapturePro it would't be free for new users. So my guess is that they don't want new people to get the old plugins so they can sell them in the future.

If I am wrong and that is not the case, I would like to read that from BandLab 😛

• Great Idea 1

I purchased Sonar Pro  just a few months before the Gibson  " thing " . That was an upgrade from Sonar 5 ! But - I made it a clean install at the time. I do wish I could at least upgrade to the original Splat version to get the added pro channels modules. I didn't want to take on all the added content at the time because I thought the loops and stuff  were not worth it.  I do wish CbB would make Cake updated to at least Splat version for plug-in content. That would put all new installations at a common starting point and we could then share pre-sets  etc now that Pro Modules can save presets.  What say Ye CbB ?

Edited by RBH

17 minutes ago, RBH said:

I do wish I could at least upgrade to the original Splat version to get the added pro channels modules.

CbB has all the Platinum PC modules except for the two from Boz - Bark of Dog and Panipulator. My guess is for those to be included Boz may need to agree.