Stock Plugins <3

Oh, no kidding! When I first downloaded CbB, which was just a few days after the announcement, I exported raw audio stems from my previous DAW of a couple of projects I had been working on for months, using my favorite plug-ins.

I decided to just fiddle around with Cakewalk using as many of the included plug-ins as possible and try to get a decent-sounding mix.

....and was blown away by first how quickly I was able to surpass my efforts in the DAW I was so familiar with, and second, by how capable and great-sounding the ProChannel modules were.

I still have and use my specialty FX like MAutoAlign and Gatey Watey, and my "cheaters" from iZotope, but those ProChannel modules stopped dead my search for an 1178 clone, and I had already snagged the CLA2A when it was a freebie a couple of years ago. The QuadCurve EQ pretty much replaced my use of MEQualizer.

And that's not to mention the Sonitus DX FX, which sound great. The only issue I have with them is that they look kinda homely, but as far as sound , operation, and features they are great. Multiband compressors are few in the freeware world and the Sonitus DX one is a treat.

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Oh, no kidding! When I first downloaded CbB, which was just a few days after the announcement, I exported raw audio stems from my previous DAW of a couple of projects I had been working on for months, using my favorite plug-ins.

I decided to just fiddle around with Cakewalk using as many of the included plug-ins as possible and try to get a decent-sounding mix.

....and was blown away by first how quickly I was able to surpass my efforts in the DAW I was so familiar with, and second, by how capable and great-sounding the ProChannel modules were.

I still have and use my specialty FX like MAutoAlign and Gatey Watey, and my "cheaters" from iZotope, but those ProChannel modules stopped dead my search for an 1178 clone, and I had already snagged the CLA2A when it was a freebie a couple of years ago. The QuadCurve EQ pretty much replaced my use of MEQualizer.

And that's not to mention the Sonitus DX FX, which sound great. The only issue I have with them is that they look kinda homely, but as far as sound , operation, and features they are great. Multiband compressors are few in the freeware world and the Sonitus DX one is a treat.

I can't live without the ProChannel. I am doing MIDI work 99% of the time and using those plugs also 99% of the time. I have Waves Gold and others but the PC it is just at my fingertips. I hope the devs do not forget this wonderful feature.