Lover's Day

Phoen1xPJ

Written for Valentine's Day 2012 and recorded in SONAR X1, total remix in 2019 with CbB. This song came out of a time of devastating heartbreak when my wife of 33 years suddenly left me. Only now was I able to revisit this... it's sorta a soft rock piece unlike my usual prog fare.

Hey, nice tune, that melody really sticks in the noggin. Very sorry for your loss that inspired it.

Neil Young came to mind, in a good way!!! Just a catchy tune sung with emotion. I would be tempted to do more processing on the lead vocal, maybe double it more than just the chorus. But that might be overdoing it . . .you are probably looking for something more stripped down and raw.

The arrangement of parts is pretty bulletproof. Everything seems to be in the right spots. I liked the arpeggiated steel-stringy guitar but maybe a touch less volume on that while you are singing? It poked out a bit. Maybe a tiny bit of delay on it could take the edge of the attack off. Might be worth a try.

Cool tune.

cheers,

-Tom

1 hour ago, emeraldsoul said:

Hey, nice tune, that melody really sticks in the noggin. Very sorry for your loss that inspired it.

Neil Young came to mind, in a good way!!! Just a catchy tune sung with emotion. I would be tempted to do more processing on the lead vocal, maybe double it more than just the chorus. But that might be overdoing it . . .you are probably looking for something more stripped down and raw.

The arrangement of parts is pretty bulletproof. Everything seems to be in the right spots. I liked the arpeggiated steel-stringy guitar but maybe a touch less volume on that while you are singing? It poked out a bit. Maybe a tiny bit of delay on it could take the edge of the attack off. Might be worth a try.

Cool tune.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks, Tom!