No Plugins Found

billp

4 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

hmm... not sure what to recommend here.

Two or three things to try:

1. Change the plugin layout to manufacturer, check the plugins are there, then change back to category

2. I got a similar thing a while back (before I was staff), and I think I got around it by:

• Renaming one of my 3rd party plugin DLL's (some random free one)  to .dll.bak (e.g. SanfordDelay.dll  to SanfordDelay.dll.bak)
  • Doing a VST scan within CbB Preferences
  • Renaming the vst back (e.g. SanfordDelay.dll.bak back  to SanfordDelay.dll )
  • Doing another VST scan within CbB Preferences

I can't remember if this in itself worked,.. or if I had to do 3:

3. Do a full VST scan in preferences, with the "Rescan All Plugin-Ins" box checked.

Thanks Mark. I've tried 1. and 3. more than once with the same outcome. I think that may meet the definition of insanity.

4 minutes ago, scook said:

Can you export

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory

and upload it here or put it on Google drive or other host?

I'd be interested in seeing this too.

I wonder if it's a corrupt plugin name or weird character in the plugin name that is causing the menu to truncate.

8 minutes ago, scook said:

I do not see anything in the export.

Hopefully another set of eyes on the problem will help.

I couldn't see any issues either.

I did notice that both AmpleSound guitars weren't there tho, which were listed in your original screenshot:

VSTScan.JPG

1 hour ago, msmcleod said:

I did notice that both AmpleSound guitars weren't there tho, which were listed in your original screenshot:

I uninstalled the Ample Semihollow.

That VST was what precipitated this I think. According to the guys at AmpleSound, the original crash may have been due to its dependence on OpenGL. I subsequently turned it off, but it made no difference -- CbB still crashed when I tried again. So then their theory was that the VST3 version was causing the problem, so I deleted that and rescanned the VSTs. At that point, the menu problem arose. One or both of the crashes probably had already done the damage. The CbB crashes, whatever the cause, were hard. There was no dump, just a long pause, then CbB was gone.

27 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

To is equal. The vst not is found. Execute only in one folder after the upgrade my windows to 2004.

Thanks Milton. My problem is slightly different but it may be related.  I recently ran the June 1909 Windows update.  CbB was working until I installed a new VST and ran the VST scanner. The scanner found all VSTs according to the VST log, but afterward I had two CbB crashes. Now CbB sees only its own DXi's and all other third-party synths and plugins are not found.