confirmed  email
continued install

repeatedly tried
I get nothing but bandlab online mixer!

help is appreciated!

WIN 7 64 bit

Edited by Ralph Graham
more info

Yup - there is an Apps tab, on the Bandlab Assistant - upper right.  Click on that, and then the Cakewalk install button is at the bottom right.  Here is a screen shot (Mine says Open, because I have the most current release of Cakewalk installed already) - also, if you click on the drop-down arrow on the right side of the Install button, there is also an option to install some free Add-Ons, which include several soft-synths, like: SI-Bass, SI-Drum Kit, SI-Electric Piano, SI-Strings :

image.thumb.png.32128859794b3a25a6abf1284caaf412.png

• Like 1

By the way, @Ralph Graham WELCOME to the Cakewalk community, these forums are a GREAT place to get help, and to learn. 

The Cakewalk documentation is also quite robust, even displaying context-sensitive content - in addition to having it available offline, you can also hit the F1 key on your computer keyboard, to pull up available documentation that is associated with where your mouse is on the Cakewalk screen. 

The letter 'Y' on your computer keyboard toggles on/off the Help Module, which when On will be a square window containing helpful information that changes automatically based on what your mouse is hovering over, and additionally, most of the buttons and knobs will also have a short pop-up display of the name of the button or knob, when you hover your mouse over them.

There are many YouTube videos out there, covering just about all of the functionality of Cakewalk, from basics to advanced editing, and in these forums, there is a forum containing Tutorial videos, created by other forum community members.

Best wishes for great success with you using Cakewalk by Bandlab (often abbreviated as CbB in the forum posts), for music production, whether you are new to it all, or having music production experience with other recording software.

Bob Bone

NOT A GOOD START

well out of touch with daws but this is the simplest of projects

import backing track  done- track one  But plays no sound
do a vocal on a second track
can't go further till i can get it to play plays out of audacity and bandlab mixer
arrgh

5 minutes ago, Ralph Graham said:

NOT A GOOD START

well out of touch with daws but this is the simplest of projects

import backing track  done- track one  But plays no sound
do a vocal on a second track
can't go further till i can get it to play plays out of audacity and bandlab mixer
arrgh

I would encourage you to look through the Tutorials forum, as well as the Table of Contents of the online documentation.

Here is a link to a section of the documentation, for recording:

Recording section of the online documentation

7 minutes ago, Ralph Graham said:

all good now     thanks all!

Glad to hear that.

1 hour ago, Ralph Graham said:

the info on teh site says WIN 7 up  but part way thru instal says WIN 8 up

For your information, that popup just mentions that it is not officially supported in Windows 7, however, Cakewalk by BandLab can be run on Windows 7 for now. (I don't know what will happen in the future.)

Edited by HIBI