Music Radar Best DAW's 2020

cclarry

On 6/12/2020 at 4:09 PM, Carlos said:

I liked to see Pro Tools fading into oblivion, as I was gonna compare it to Adobe's rent to NEVER to own scam, I mean, ahem, scheme

I have to disagree. Last year I bought 2 perpetual licenses for Pro Tools native (one for me and one as a gift). And since I was still under my 12 months of free upgrades got the 2020 version too.

IOW, perpetual licenses can be had.

1 minute ago, paulo said:

Only an 8 ? I didn't realise that you were poor.

It's not my main phone (it's an Android). I'm developing an app for Androind and iOS and I wanted a physical minimum device to test on. My partners have the latest and greatest iPhones to test on. They in turn have the lower end Androids while I'm on last year's Samsung Active series.

4 hours ago, John Bohlen said:

In reality, it's good to know more than one DAW. I'm proficient in 5 of them and I'll pick one over the other depending on the material I'm working with or feel that's best suited for the particular project. The reason Pro Tools is still the standard is that they invested a ton of money in the hardware. And probably they never bothered to learn a new DAW.

Also because it is really great for audio.  And most studios are there to record audio.  You can do midi anywhere.  The room doesn't matter.  

6 hours ago, John Bohlen said:

In reality, it's good to know more than one DAW. I'm proficient in 5 of them and I'll pick one over the other depending on the material I'm working with or feel that's best suited for the particular project. The reason Pro Tools is still the standard is that they invested a ton of money in the hardware. And probably they never bothered to learn a new DAW.

In addition to learning several DAWs, I’m trying to develop DAW ninja skills by using a blindfold during some production sessions or changing the DAW language to something I don’t speak.  I think I’ve improved my skillset but for some reason those clients have stopped taking my calls.  We did go way over budget and took several more months longer than usual...