Microsoft RETAIL Windows 10 PRO for $39

Robert Bone

8 hours ago, slartabartfast said:

Thank you rsinger and DrShelder.

This is an extraordinary price for this product.

Hence, me posting their offer here - GREAT price for Windows 10 Pro, for less than half of the retail version of Windows 10 Home.   No-brainer for me, as well - I now have 2 new copies of Windows 10 Pro - one for the desktop I am resurrecting for the nice young married couple I have known for over 5 years - (they are just getting started, so money is tight), and I will keep the 2nd license for when I build my next desktop in a year, to replace the oldest one of 3 that I have (which is also running Win 10 Home, so upgrading to Pro with the new build is a no-brainer).

I am SUPER stoked lots of folks have found the deal useful - it is quite legit, and just a fantastic offer.  :)

Bob Bone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Here is something interesting. I opted to purchase Win 10 Home (after buying a copy of Pro) from PCWorld.  When I pressed By Now, it offered to sell me Pro for $34.99 rather than $39.99. I wish now that I had not purchased Pro already.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

5 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Thanks, so if you download the files is the licence attached to that? I'm mostly wondering if I can buy now but still use my code later on when I build a new computer.

The license is not attached to anything. You do not need to download anything right now. In fact what you are downloading now is the Microsoft Media Creator which is used to download the current version of Windows 10. You can do that any time. Squirrel your license away and use it when you need to activate Windows 10 at a later date.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, marled said:

Here in Sweden it shows a price of 599 crowns. That is about $64, too much for me now!

Try changing the currency to USD. It was 69 CAD for me, but when I first bought Pro, I changed the currency to USD and let PayPal do the exchange rate. It ended up being, 56 CAD for me.

• Thanks 2

To clarify, you only need to keep the key safe, you can at anytime download the media creation tool and build an install image.
A home windows version cannot be administrated by a domain or be a part of a domain, although you can login to a fileshare or a printer. This is mainly an issue for those running the domain.
I would personally never buy the Home version, but many cheaper laptops have that version preinstalled (non retail version)

It is still possible to upgrade from Windows 7 and onward to Windows 10 https://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

Non retail version licenses are bound the motherboard they are first installed on. It's not a good choice for a homebuilt PC that you might upgrade later.
There is no reason to buy a retail key for a computer with preinstalled non retail version unless you want to upgrade from a home version to pro.

The home version lacks bitlocker, but still has device encryption (well, if you are interested, google it).

The enterprise version is the third version. You only need it in large domains/companies/corporations.

Some grey markets (not all) will sell you a key that might have been sold to others. It might work for a while but you can later get in trouble.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Try changing the currency to USD. It was 69 CAD for me, but when I first bought Pro, I changed the currency to USD and let PayPal do the exchange rate. It ended up being, 56 CAD for me.

Thanks for this! I'm also Canadian and I don't think I would have thought to try this. You saved me $13 of vibrantly coloured money!

canadians-turn-bills-into-spock-for-nimoy-tribute-9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Thanks a lot! 😊 Fantastic, it works also in Europe and they even included VAT within the $39.99 !

I'm thinking of getting home instead of pro. I can't see anything in pro that I need on my offline DAW and I've checked all my software but it just says "Windows 10" as the requirement, no specification for home or pro. From memory, going back to windows XP I was running home then when I had my little video production business, the thinking then was that Home was better because there was not so much bloat or memory requirement, it was seen as a leaner, faster operating system to pro. Perhaps this doesn't matter as much today with the 64 bit systems and massive ram capability.

Edited by Tezza

I guys, this is my first post on the BandLab's CakeWalk forum. I did post a few times on the old Roland/Gibson' CakeWalk forum, but after the Gibson fiasco, I lost interest in Sonar and started to use other DAWs. However, I've kept coming back to this "Deal" sub-forum as I've always found it very up-to-date with the latest bargains. I  want to thank Robert Bone for this great deal for Windows 10 Pro, and also tell you how I got the absolute best price for us Canadian users (this may also work for non US-based users)

After going to the PC World page which advertise the Windows 10 Pro, follow the link to the CleverBridge W10 Pro page and from the top right of the page, change the currency from CAD/Canadian ( 69.99 CAD charged by CleverBridge!!!) to USD (39.99USD or ~ 54$ CAD charged by most Canadian banks, including PayPal). Then instead of clicking "buy now", look at the top left of the page and switch to "Microsoft" to browse for other Microsoft products that CleverBridge sells. You will see a link to buy Windows 10 Home, click on it and then click "Buy Now", you will then be given a choice to continue buying W10 Home or to buy the "upgrade" to W10 Pro for 34.99 USD. Select to upgrade to W10 Pro, continue the buying process, and that's it; you now have a full retail version of Windows 10 PRO for 34.99USD or ~49 $ Canadian Dollars (That's what PayPal charged me). That's ~ 20$ CAD saving compared to what ClerverBridge is charging by default.

Note: You will be able to use this "upgrade" trick only once. If ever you want more copies of W10 Pro, CleverBridge will "remember" you and will not offer you to "upgrade" from W10 Home to W10  Pro so if you want more than 1 copy of W10Pro at 34.99 USD, you will have to do it the very first time you buy from CleverBridge.

Hopes this help. Again, thanks for Robert Bone and all the others who have contributed to this thread.  Also, a huge thanks to cclarry for all his great work on this "Deal" sub-forum :)

Chuck

• Like 5

9 hours ago, chuckywalk said:

You will see a link to buy Windows 10 Home, click on it and then click "Buy Now", you will then be given a choice to continue buying W10 Home or to buy the "upgrade" to W10 Pro for 34.99 USD. Select to upgrade to W10 Pro, continue the buying process, and that's it; you now have a full retail version of Windows 10 PRO for 34.99USD or ~49 $ Canadian Dollars (That's what PayPal charged me). That's ~ 20$ CAD saving compared to what ClerverBridge is charging by default.

Chuck

Thanks Chuck for this !   But I got even better !!

I did what you said, but when I went to the W10 Home page and upgraded to PRO, it remained in $CAD and showed 40,91 $CAD + 4,08$ taxe (QC).

So total, paying in $CAD on cleverbridge (and not $US like I did for my first copy) was 44.99 $CAD.

Now my laptop will be 'official' as well.

Edited by Paul P
  • Like 1

All you guys are PCWorld subscribers? I access the store page from the article mentioned and I just reach a mostly blank page. I can't even search anything there!

I assume that, to get this offer, you must be a subscriber.

But, when I try to open the subscribe page it says it's "temporarily down for maintenance".

Am I missing something here?

4 minutes ago, Sergio said:

All you guys are PCWorld subscribers? I access the store page from the article mentioned and I just reach a mostly blank page. I can't even search anything there!

I assume that, to get this offer, you must be a subscriber.

But, when I try to open the subscribe page it says it's "temporarily down for maintenance".

Am I missing something here?

I'm definitely not and I got the deal

49 minutes ago, RSMcGuitar said:

I'm definitely not and I got the deal

Funny... I checked the page source code and it's like the page does not finish loading.

I'll try to connect through a VPN and see if the problem is my location.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2020 at 11:38 AM, Doug Rintoul said:

The license is not attached to anything. You do not need to download anything right now. In fact what you are downloading now is the Microsoft Media Creator which is used to download the current version of Windows 10. You can do that any time. Squirrel your license away and use it when you need to activate Windows 10 at a later date.

Any idea that, if there is no deadline on activation, then what might this be referring to:

Extended Download Option: $3.95

More info24/7 secure access to your store order, always find the latest version of your software, plus all updates, for 2 years from purchase and the ONLY way to access your order from the store post-order

Has anybody availed this till now?