Two Notes Wall of Sound updated to 4.3.10

cclarry

Wall of Sound has been updated! Use the best cab sim plugin in your DAW with over 350 cabinets to choose from.

To celebrate the release of this update, receive a 50% voucher on Virtual Cabinets when you update your plugin. It couldn't be simpler!

UPDATE NOW AND GET YOUR 50% VOUCHER

Offer ends on the 7th of July 23.59 PST. See terms and conditions.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here are term of this offer (spoiler: not so great 😞 -packs excluded )

• WOS 4.3.10 – 50 Voucher offer
  • The voucher code WOS4310 – 50 ends on the 7th of July at 23.59 am (PST time).
  • Two notes reserves the right to end any discount schemes without prior notice.
  • The offer consists of a voucher code that grants 50% to a Two notes user when his cart, in the Two notes Store, contains 8 or more cabinets. MESA/Boogie cabinets are excluded from this offer.
  • The voucher code is sent to any user who downloads, installs, and logs into Wall of Sound 4.3.10. Upon first login of the user into the plugin, an email is sent to the user, to confirm the update is successful. The user receives, in this email, a code for a 50% discount at checkout.
  • The WOS4310 – 50 offer is not compatible with any offer sales currently on offer and all the permanent discounts (STARTER, TWELVE, ADVANCED, ESSENTIALS, PRO) that are active on the Two notes Store.
  • The WOS4310 – 50 offer is valid only on individual Virtual Cabinets (excluding MESA/Boogie cabinets). Packs, and Two notes hardware are excluded from the offer.
  • Each code is linked to one user and is valid once. The user cannot transfer the code to another person.
  • Two notes Audio Engineering does not offer returns, rebates, or any other value in the event of technical malfunctions
  • Like 1

If you skip the "Arcade" GUI, the interface for embedded Torpedo in Revv's D20 and G20 lunchbox heads (as well as that of Captor X) is IMO pretty nice.

Captor X doesn't even have the Arcade GUI. 

For those interested... Captor X is a great inexpensive (relatively speaking) piece of hardware.

I've had all the popular "reactive-load with Cab sim" boxes.

They're all capable of good to great results.

Captor X is my favorite of the lot (UA Ox, Boss Waza TAE, Suhr Reactive Load IR).

You can load/mix two simultaneous IRs (each up to 200ms), plus noise-gate, EQ, Enhancer, and Reverb/Echo.  There's also a tuner (albeit not great).

I'm late to the "Two Notes Bandwagon"... but Torpedo and Captor X have (for me) made using tube-amps both more practical and enjoyable.

The G20, D20, and two Captor X boxes all fit in a single deep drawer.  Perfect for an office studio.

Edited by Jim Roseberry
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

You can load/mix two simultaneous IRs (each up to 200ms)

Can you explain the IR length? I just don't really get it.
That's a pretty good endorsement of the captor!

Also, I always wonder how many of those type of devices you can use with no speaker at all. Do they all do that or only some? (Or possibly none.)

Edited by RSMcGuitar

1 hour ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Can you explain the IR length? I just don't really get it.
That's a pretty good endorsement of the captor!

Also, I always wonder how many of those type of devices you can use with no speaker at all. Do they all do that or only some? (Or possibly none.)

Sure... 

The length of an IR can affect tonal quality.

Many devices use shorter IR lengths (1024-samples is common)... as it's easier on the processor and latency is super tight.

Some will argue that 1024-samples is long enough to represent the frequency content/resonance of a close mic'd guitar cab.

Others will argue that 1024-samples (slightly over 20ms) isn't enough time to capture the lower frequency resonance.

Having compared the same Cab IRs using lengths of 1024-samples vs. 2048-samples, (to my ears) the longer IRs result in a thicker/fuller cab sound.

Captor X can also use 4096 (100ms) and 8192 sample IRs.

With Cab IRs, it's a balance of performance, tone, and latency.

Note that if an IR gets much longer than a couple hundred milliseconds, it starts capturing/recreating room reflections/ambience.

You generally want to avoid capturing ambience within a Cab IR.  (You want the Cab sound to be recreated as clearly as possible.)

Ambience can be added post Cab... 

The Torpedo/Captor X, UA Ox, Boss Waza TAE, Suhr Reactive-Load IR all provide a load to your tube amp.

As such, you can safely run the amp without a real cab connected.

The above mentioned units are all "reactive" loads.

They react to the amp... similar to the way a real cab would react.

This helps provide a more dynamic feel (closer to using a real cab).

Another cool thing; If you have a nice real cab (and mics), you can create your own Cab IRs.

The Cab/speaker you like... mic'd the way you like

This helps get closer to your sound.

I'm currently testing the new Marshall 20w Studio Vintage tube head (20w Plexi).

I've got the two channels bridged... with both output Loudness knobs at ~3.

Playing thru a real 4x12 cab, that would be loud enough to peel paint off the wall.

It's running at reasonable levels thru my studio monitors (no physical cab).

Devices like Captor X allow you to use tube-amps like you would an advanced modeler (a la Axe-FX III).

Great for both recording and live scenarios...

• Thanks 1