Connecting Behringer UM2

Hi, new to all this (just managed to get a keyboard controller connected) but now my next problem.

Connecting a Behringer UM2 mixer to Cakewalk to use an electric guitar. Plugged guitar into UM2 and thought levels were very low. After much mucking around discovered the sound being recorded was coming from my  internal PC (DELL) mike and not the guitar (can hear guitar in headphones plugged into UM2) Tried many combinations but about to pull my hair out. Final settings are as follows. Any help MUCH appreciated ........................................

Downloaded ASIO4ALL. Then Went to :

Playback & Recording - Driver Mode ASIO

Driver Settings - Playback Timing Master - ASIO4ALL v2 HD Audio Output 1

Driver Settings - Record Timing Master - ASIO4ALL v2 Audio Mic Array Input 3

Devices - Input Drivers - ASIO4ALL v2 HD Audio Input 1 & ASIO4ALL v2 HD Audio Input 3

Devices - Output Drivers - ASIO4ALL v2 HD Audio Output 1

Scook - MANY thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I went into the ASIO4ALL software not knowing what I was doing and saw that the Realtek was switched on (my soundcard) but Not the USB Codec. Switched that on and everything suddenly started working O.K.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Probably a Laptop. 

Stupid thing is you can use WASAPI mode and avoid Asio4all.  Any USB audio device that doesn't come with a proper ASIO driver will show in Cakewalk under WASAPI. Why bother with a second interface which to me is confusing the issue unnecessarily. Asio4all is actually WDM mode which a 3rd party wrapper to give you the asio options. It doesn't give you any better performance according to some test we did a few months ago.