[Bug] First use of Melodyne - nothing in Melodyne Window

ZincT

I keep meaning to raise this problem but I am now so used to working around it I just keep forgetting.
Anyway, I have just upgraded from Melodyne Editor v4 to v5 and the problem still exists.
It's been in Cakewalk for as long as I can remember.

It only happens when you first open an audio clip in Melodyne. 

1. Run CbB

2. Load a project with audio clips or drag one onto a track.

3. Select the audio clip

4. Ctrl-M to open in Melodyne

5. There's just a blank Melodyne window displayed - scroll around the window but nothing's there.

6. Close the window and re-open and the audio appears correctly.

Here's a video demonstrating the problem.

I use Melodyne Studio  - So I'm not sure if the interface is the same for essentials - that being said - it looks as though the track itself in Melodyne is not selected, this might be why it isn't showing up initially, but does show after refreshing.  I know in studio even with multiple tracks -they sometimes  are not selected initially. I'm not sure what state of selection needs to be when first instantiating Melodyne. Maybe the track needs to be selected and not only the clip. I will test this later today to see if I can toggle different states.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, chuckebaby said:

I'd like to move this thread to a better place. this doesnt seem to be a feature request, it looks like a possible bug.

Thanks. I'm never quite sure where to raise these as the old forum used to have a "Problem Reports" section but it's not so clear cut on the new forum.

1 hour ago, RBH said:

I use Melodyne Studio  - So I'm not sure if the interface is the same for essentials - that being said - it looks as though the track itself in Melodyne is not selected, this might be why it isn't showing up initially, but does show after refreshing.  I know in studio even with multiple tracks -they sometimes  are not selected initially. I'm not sure what state of selection needs to be when first instantiating Melodyne. Maybe the track needs to be selected and not only the clip. I will test this later today to see if I can toggle different states.

Thanks RBH. I like simple solutions and the answer does seem to be to click on the Cakewalk track number once inside the Melodyne window so that the track number turns orange. What confused me is that when you right click on the audio clip in Cakewalk the track number does turn orange but once inside Melodyne it appears to de-select the track number even though the clip is still highlighted.

So the fix when this happens is to click on the track number in Cakewalk and then the notes appear in Melodyne. I am using Editor not Essentials by the way but I imagine it's not version specific.

I'm still not entirely sure that this isn't a bug in Cakewalk as it doesn't happen every time so why would the track sometimes be selected but not always when I am always going into Melodyne the same way? IDK.

Edited by ZincT

I opened a Melodyne clip by both selecting a discreet clip  as well as doing a selection within a fully bounced track. Both required that I re-select the blobs icon in Melodyne.  I only needed to do that once per session. I didn't have a need to re-fresh the melodyne window by closing and reopening.

• Thanks 1

I think it is a bug of some description because it didn't used to happen. That said, I'm a version or two behind current on my DAW pc so maybe it has been fixed already.

Just clicking back on the clip after opening Melodyne seems to do the trick for me.

• Thanks 1