Deleted Automation Envelopes Still Visible [Solved]

Bill Phillips

Question

How do I remove the leftover automation envelopes shown in the image below. The only remaining track automation envelope is shown in the automation lane below the clip pane. The other automation shown in the clip is clip automation. The leftover envelopes don't seem to be affecting any controls but they do add clutter on a track that I plan to add more automation to.

rIwPZi0.png

Edited by Bill Phillips
Solved

11 answers to this question

4 hours ago, scook said:

Deleting an automation lane does not delete the automation envelope.

I didn't delete any automation lanes. Opening automation lanes was intended to make it easier to show that there was only one remaining automation envelope, but it appears to have caused confusion instead.

4 hours ago, scook said:

To delete an envelope, right-click the envelope and select Delete from the context menu.

For more info see http://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=Cakewalk&language=3&help=Automation.11.html#1154521

The two greenish "ghost" envelopes don't exist and can't be selected in the edit filter. So I don't see how they can be deleted. Other than cluttering the track display they don't seem to be causing any problems. In the past, closing and re-opening Cakewalk has removed "ghost" envelopes. Hopefully that eventually happens here. I have since added two additional envelops to that track and will add more.

2 hours ago, chuckebaby said:

You can always select that one area and the choose Edit/Delete Special. When presented with the pop up deselect all except track automation.

or select the whole track and use Delete Special to remove all nodes, automation 

I don't think that will work. The two greenish "ghost" envelopes that I want to delete to de-clutter the display don't exist and can't be selected in the edit filter.

53 minutes ago, scook said:

Try SHIFT+click on the envelope to select then right-click for the context menu.

Wow that works! How did you know that? Found it on page 1694 of the Reference Guide! Cakewalk has got to have the best DAW reference guide ever!

When each of the "ghost" envelopes are "SHIFT+Click"ed the Edit Filter shows "Send Level" which is probably a remnant of a send level envelope that was deleted, probably without deleting the envelope first.

Edited by Bill Phillips
Correction

On 6/12/2020 at 6:30 AM, chuckebaby said:

So you didn't try it ?

Sorry. I misspoke. I tried but there was nothing to select.  scook's suggestion of selecting the orphaned envelopes using Shift+Click allowed the envelopes to be deleted using the Right-Click dropdown menu.