Barquentine's Gasp

Bajan Blue

Excellent mix. The drums and bass stand out very well and do a nice job anchoring the  rest. Especially clear and punchy. The interspersed guitars and efx coupled to the vocal give this an almost Pink Floydish  feel to it though a more straight forward  thing, it has some of those elements.

The imagery works well but as one who doesn't always immediately grapple lyrics meaning and visuals it sort of lost me. Seems it had something to do with religion. The video itself could not have been better. I can tell you wanted only the best in quality.

Congrats! This should stand above many other similar works.

On 8/10/2020 at 5:10 AM, SteveC said:

That was really cool...    the song has a great slightly dark and hazy vibe, while the playing is clear and locked in.    And the video was trippy, never knowing what was going to come next.   The part with the male and female gods (?) had a great visual effect.

Hi Steve

Thanks for those great comments, appreciated - we have been working hard trying to make our videos better/more interesting -  these days  it's so important...unfortunately no one really seems to just listen to music much anymore!!

Cheers

Nigel

On 8/10/2020 at 4:26 PM, Leadfoot said:

Brilliant work BB! 

Hi Leadfoot - thanks,  really appreciate the kind comments

Nigel

On 8/10/2020 at 5:01 PM, Starise said:

Excellent mix. The drums and bass stand out very well and do a nice job anchoring the  rest. Especially clear and punchy. The interspersed guitars and efx coupled to the vocal give this an almost Pink Floydish  feel to it though a more straight forward  thing, it has some of those elements.

The imagery works well but as one who doesn't always immediately grapple lyrics meaning and visuals it sort of lost me. Seems it had something to do with religion. The video itself could not have been better. I can tell you wanted only the best in quality.

Congrats! This should stand above many other similar works.

Hi Starise

The song is actually about some characters from one of my favorite books, The Gormenghast Trilogy.   Its a brilliant read if you ever get the chance to grab it

Cheers

Nigel

16 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

Fantastic Nigel - really special this one. 

Cheers Daryl, thanks so much, always appreciate you taking the time to have a watch and a listen

Nigel

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Also reminded me of Grace Slick/ JA. Enjoyed the tune, great job all the way around.

Thanks so much for that - appreciate the very kind comments

7 hours ago, PJH said:

Really nice song! Excellent production too!

Well done!

Thanks PJH - glad you liked it

Cheers

Nigel