Barquentine's Gasp

Bajan Blue

Hi Everyone

Into our third month of Hard lock down in South Africa, so here is Video Three of the lock down series!!

This track, Barquentine's Gasp, is again from the album we released in 2017, On Top of the World

Not sure if anyone will know who Barquentine is….perhaps we should run a competition!!

Anyway, play this loud!! Hope you enjoy 

Nigel

• Like 4

I like your songs and I like your mixes - I enjoyed this very much.  Cool groove, which caught my interest right away.

The bass sounded excellent and the lead vocal was very nice.

Well done - cool video as well.

I don't know who Barquentine is - I did a web search and found that the word means a sailing vessel of some type.

5 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

Barquentine

I know what a Barque or Barquentine is. Its a sailing vessel with a specific sail setup.
I do not know "who" Barquentine is, nor could I find Keda.

What I do know, is you posted another fine video with a very well produced track; AAA+++ all round!

t

Should I assume you are doing the bulk of the writing?

5 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

I like your songs and I like your mixes - I enjoyed this very much.  Cool groove, which caught my interest right away.

The bass sounded excellent and the lead vocal was very nice.

Well done - cool video as well.

I don't know who Barquentine is - I did a web search and found that the word means a sailing vessel of some type.

Hi Doug - thanks - yes the bass took quite a while to get right. Barquentine is one of the characters out of probably my favourite book, Gormengast by Mervyn Peake

Bit obscure I know, but I love all three books in that trilogy

Cheers

Nigel

18 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

I know what a Barque or Barquentine is. Its a sailing vessel with a specific sail setup.
I do not know "who" Barquentine is, nor could I find Keda.

What I do know, is you posted another fine video with a very well produced track; AAA+++ all round!

t

Should I assume you are doing the bulk of the writing?

tom

See above re who Barquentine is - yes I write all our stuff, unless we do a cover of course

Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for the great comments

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 1

I think that this my favourite of all the great songs-videos that you have posted.  The intro reminds me a bit of the Gang of Four (one of my favourite 1970's new wave/punkish groups).  That wonderful guitar riff panned Left grabbed me right from the begining and had me hooked.  The guitar leads again reminded me of the Gang of Four  -- love that style.  The lyrics, arrangement, vocals (very good!), exceptional accent noises, video, and that complimentary interplay between bass and drums  ---- the whole doggone thing was excellent!

You and your entire group have a lot of talent and are putting out some excellent material!!!

22 hours ago, freddy j said:

I think that this my favourite of all the great songs-videos that you have posted.  The intro reminds me a bit of the Gang of Four (one of my favourite 1970's new wave/punkish groups).  That wonderful guitar riff panned Left grabbed me right from the begining and had me hooked.  The guitar leads again reminded me of the Gang of Four  -- love that style.  The lyrics, arrangement, vocals (very good!), exceptional accent noises, video, and that complimentary interplay between bass and drums  ---- the whole doggone thing was excellent!

You and your entire group have a lot of talent and are putting out some excellent material!!!

Freddy - wow, thanks for those comments - we really appreciate them - and we're really pleased you liked this

Thanks again

Nigel

This a great song ,  I wish i could write songs with what i would call sparse lyrics I over explain with way too much, too many words and this song just rely`s on bloody great music  doesnt get boring drives it along and all the time peppered with great vocals and lots more, really well constructed  nice one

On 6/11/2020 at 11:21 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Really like the mix, the vocals, and the fact that the video is a multi-cultural time-shifting smoothie!

cheers,

-Tom

Tom

multi-cultural time-shifting smoothie! - I love it!!! Thanks for the great comments, always appreciated

Nigel

On 6/12/2020 at 1:05 AM, bjornpdx said:

Again I never know what's going on in your videos but no matter!  Really like the drum track in this one especially.
Your music videos are always so professionally done. Hope you're having success with them.

Hi Bjorn

Thanks for that appreciated - yes the videos are getting a lot of views so doing really well

Thanks

Nigel

On 6/12/2020 at 7:45 PM, Paul Bush said:

This a great song ,  I wish i could write songs with what i would call sparse lyrics I over explain with way too much, too many words and this song just rely`s on bloody great music  doesnt get boring drives it along and all the time peppered with great vocals and lots more, really well constructed  nice one

Hi Paul

Thanks, I really appreciate your positive comments

Cheers

Nigel

On 6/12/2020 at 8:16 PM, Lynn said:

Your songs and mixes are some of the very best I've heard in a while.  It's as if the Jefferson Airplane landed in the 21st century, but better!  Keep inspiring us!

Hi Lynn

Thanks - To mention us in the same breath as    Jefferson Airplane   is a compliment indeed, just wow!!  Always were one of my favorite bands and of course, Grace Slick, say no more!!

Hope you keeping well

Nigel

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

That was really cool...    the song has a great slightly dark and hazy vibe, while the playing is clear and locked in.    And the video was trippy, never knowing what was going to come next.   The part with the male and female gods (?) had a great visual effect.